𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 18

A/N: sorry in advance bc i switch the pov a lot-

All I could do was sit on the floor, crying like a little kid. Doctors and nurses crowded around her bed while I watched helplessly, wanting this to be a dream more than anything. Just when I thought that maybe she was getting a little better, she was ripped away from me. Her presence only a memory now. A memory I will hold so dearly.

I covered my eyes, trying to stop the tears. But they wouldn't stop. They probably wouldn't even stop after a week. 

It felt like a piece of my heart was being ripped away, stolen. She was always the one to comfort me and stop my never-ending tears as a child. She was the only one who a didn't think of me as weak or frail for being so emotional. 

Memories reappeared as these thoughts circled my mind. Memories of when she held me and sang lullabies.

For some, these memories would comfort them and dry their burning tears, but they only made mine worse. 

It really did feel like a dream, like this was only something you'd see in a sad novel or movie. 

Through my teary vision, I saw the same figure that I had recently come to despise so much. The only person who could have been responsible for all of this.

My mind filled with rage as I slowly stood up and exited the room. She hadn't walked too far from the door as I followed right behind her, immediately grabbing her arm.

"What did you do!?" I managed to choke out, almost being suffocated my the stream if salty tears running down my face.

I could feel eyes staring at us but I was so blinded by hate that I almost didn't notice.

Charlotte's eyes widened, almost as if she didn't expect to see me.

"Answer me!"

She only stood and stared as I pinned her against a wall.

"Are you even listening!?" I cried out.

When I received no answer, I aggressively shook her against the wall.

"I-I had to."

I looked at her for a moment, with wide eyes. 

"What the hell is that supposed mean!?"

"I'm sorry..."

Before I could yell at her any further, someone gripped my shoulders and pulled me away, allowing Charlotte to quickly continue down the hall.

I fell to floor and screamed, "I hate you!" as she walked down the hall, ignoring me.

My throat was dry and sore as I sobbed in my hands on the cold tile floor.

I sat at the windowsill of her hospital room, as tears still managed to make their way out of my E/C eyes. 

They had taken her to another room for an autopsy as I waited. I had put the blue roses in the vase and was now admiring them. My face rested in my hand as I fiddled with the petals of the flowers.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

                         *Peter's POV*

Patrolling was quite boring considering there was not much to do or crimes to stop.

I causally swung building to building, admiring the sun that was slowly dipping below. Until suddenly, I landed on a familiar building as I looked over to see the hospital Y/N usually went to for some reason. I immediately noticed her sitting by the windowsill by a vase of blue flowers.