𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 12

After a you had gotten on the subway train and sat down in a seat, you noticed how empty it was. There was a woman holding her groceries a couple seats away from you and there was a man in the seat across from you. He had been eyeing you up and down, which made you uncomfortable, but you tried to ignore it. You crossed your legs carefully and looked the other way. You fiddled with your silver necklace, a habit you tended to do when you got nervous. 

A couple minutes later, the intercom announced the destination that the train had stopped at, Moonshine Square. You quickly sat up and walked out as the subway doors opened. The subway station in Moonshine Square was very crowded, so you practically weaved through a whole crowd just to make it to the exit stairs. Only when you started to venture up the stairs did you realize that the same man was behind you. When you reached the top of the stairs, you almost forgot about the man when you noticed the surroundings. There were little shops and stands outside with food, antiques and candles. It was like a mini town. There were stringed lights from stand to stand. There were a variety of items being sold like, fall and Christmas decor, scented candles, jewelry, porcelain teacup sets and food. You could practically smell it all from the entrance.

Once you regained focus, you started walking again, trying to lose the man in a crowd and trying to find the cafe that Alexander would be at. As you walked pass a random decor vendor, you noticed a very familiar face. 

"Look! Peter! This would be so cute in the kitchen, don't you think?" A lady with long, brown hair and glasses said, holding a fall-themed decorative item.

You immediately noticed Peter.

"What?- Oh yeah." he replied.

You approached them and tapped on Peter's shoulder. 

"Hey, Peter."

He seemed startled at first but when he turned to face you, his expression relaxing into a small smile.

"Oh, h-hey, Y/N."

He soon noticed your appearance.

"Woah- I mean- You look really nice... Y/N..." He faltered.

You could almost feel the butterflies in your stomach.

"Oh, thank you, Peter."

You tried your hardest to fight back the grin that was creeping on your face.

As you glanced at the time on your phone, you realized you should probably continue walking to find the cafe. 

"Well, I've gotta go, see you later." You smiled.

"Oh, see you later."

You nodded and walked back into the crowd of people, oblivious to Aunt May, who had jokingly elbowed Peter in the arm and winked at him as he rolled his eyes at her attempt at teasing. 

The walk to the cafe was very peaceful as you enjoyed the surroundings and cheerful atmosphere. 

When you had arrived at Moonshine Square Cafe, you saw Alexander standing near the entrance doors, waiting. He noticed you.

"Oh, hey Y/N." he said.

When he noticed your appearance, his eyes trailed from your E/C ones to your dress.

"Wow... you look really nice."

You smiled, "Oh, thanks."

He then opened the doors to the cafe, "After you."

You walked in and immediately smelt the essence of baked goods and other foods. It reminded you of when you and your grandma used to bake things in the kitchen. That thought brought a frown on your face, but you hid it.

As you both stood in line, you looked at the menu, deciding what you wanted.

Ham and cheese croissant... blueberry bagel... chicken pot pie... Moonshine club sandwich?

After a few seconds of deciding, you went with the Moonshine club sandwich and pumpkin spice latte.

"Hello, welcome to Moonshine Square Cafe, what can I get you two?" the lady with a blue apron asked.

Alexander spoke up first, "Uh, I'll have the chicken pot pie and just a water."

"...Alrighty," she said, typing something into a device, "and what about you, ma'am?"

"Oh, I'll have the Moonshine club sandwich... and a pumpkin spice latte, please."

The employee let out a simple 'mhm' and continued typing on the device, "That'll be $16.50."

You instinctively opened your clutch purse to pull out your wallet, before Alex interrupted. 

"Don't worry about it, Y/N, I'll pay."

You attention averted from your purse to him, as he smiled at you.

"Are you sure?" you asked.

He nodded, pulling out his own wallet and handing the money and change to the lady.

"Alrighty folks, your order will be out soon."

You and Alexander walked outside to a small table with a candle in the middle. Alex pulled a chair out for you as you sat down. He then sat down across from you. You took in your surroundings in the awkward-ish silence. There were string lights running across the railing of the cafe's patio that you were on. You observed as people went in and out of the shops and vendors across the street, until Alex interrupted the silence.

"So... how long did it take to get here? I hope it wasn't too much trouble." 

You looked over to him, "Oh, no, it wasn't any trouble, only about 20 minutes or so."

"It was worth it, anyways... this place is so pretty." you continued as your gaze reverted back to the crowd of people walking by.

"Yeah... it really is. My mother used to take me here a lot."

You weren't one to ask personal questions, but curiosity got the best of you, "What is your mom like? If you don't mind me asking."

He paused for a moment, as if recollecting memories in his head.

"She was... a very kind woman, always looking out for people around her."

His frown deepened, which made you feel a little bad for asking that question.

"I'm sorry... for asking that."

"Oh no, it's fine."

"What about yours? If you don't mind." he continued.

You slightly smiled, remembering the faint, fuzzy memories of the floral dresses she wore, or the chamomile tea she used to make for you when you were younger.

"She was the best... she loved me and my brother unconditionally, and she would always take us out for ice cream on Friday's after school." you chuckled, all of it slowly coming back to you. "I remember when she passed away... I cried so much I had to stay home from school, I miss her a lot sometimes..."

Realizing you probably shared a little more information than you intended, you quickly changed the subject.

"So... do you live near here?"

"Oh uhm, yeah, only about 10 minutes away."

You nodded and it was silent for a couple seconds, before a waitress came over with a tray of your food and beverages, placing them down your table.

"Here you go... have a lovely evening." the waitress said.

You nodded and smiled, "You too."

As she walked away, your attention turned to the mouth-watering sandwich in front of you.

A/N: hi guys hope u are doing good :) i am tired of writing this alex guy lmao but dont worry, after a few chapters he should be out of the picture... right? dun dun! DUNNNN lmao- i dont really have the patience to publish this on wednesday like i said sooo, im just gonna upload it now lol

anyways, see you next chapter, bye luvs <3