𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 21

A/N: happy new years luvs! i cant believe its already 2022 D: anyways, unfortunately my winter break is ending soon so I will not be able to post like every day like I have been but I'll do it as often as I can :)

School dragged on normally, meaning nothing out of the ordinary happened... other than Lily's constant chatter about Homecoming, considering she's on the Homecoming planning team. I couldn't help but be a little excited to too. I'd seen all the movies of high school proms and dances where the main character had the most beautiful dress and everyone stopped to look at her when she entered a room. It was cliché, but I still wondered if it was actually like the movies or not.

Grabbing my bag from my locker, I shut the locker door and turned to walk down the hall, before I felt someone come up behind me.

"Eeee!" Lily squealed, "I am so excited to pick a dress! Are you?"

I chuckled at her enthusiasm, "Mhm."

We both walked side by side, weaving through the crowded corridor as we made our way to the exit.

"We're supposed to meet Liz a couple streets down at Sage's Boutique."

I nodded, a happy, nostalgic feeling seeping into my mind. The last time I'd gone dress shopping was with my mom, 7 years ago, when we drove an hour from the countryside to the city just to buy a dress for my birthday.

A smile twitched on the corner of my lips as we stepped outside, the bright light of the sun hitting out faces. Despite the sun being out, it was still chilly. I burrowed deeper into my zip up jacket, shivering from the cold wind that swept brown leaves across the sidewalk. My eyes trailed from the sidewalk to Lily, who was literally wearing an short sleeve t-shirt and a skirt.

I internally chuckled at her odd choice of clothing, considering the temperature outside.

"Hey, guys!" Liz said as we approached the boutique.

She ran her hand through her dark hair, "So, are you guys excited for homecoming?"

I nodded as Lily practically jumped up and down in excitement like a little kid.

"Yup!"

Liz and I both laughed as we all entered the shop. As soon as I walked through the doors, strong sage essential oil hit me like a wave. The scent definitely lived up to the boutiques name.

There were rows of a variety of dresses. I almost felt like I was in Barbie's closet. 

As we all walked down one of the rows, my fingers traced along the dresses. I soon traced my fingers to the price tag of a dress.

$75.50???

In the blink of an eye, I whipped out my wallet from my bag and rummaged through the pockets, hoping to find at least 100 bucks. Luckily, I'd found $97, which should be enough.

A sparkly dress had already caught Lily's eye. 

She practically gasped once she saw the form fitting, sparkly black dress. Her hand ran along the rough fabric.

"Wow..."

"It's beautiful" I said, politely.

It definitely wasn't my taste but I thought it was perfect for her. Lily took it off the rack and draped it over herself, admiring it on her frame.

"You should hold on to that one." Liz chimed in, looking through the rack.

Lily nodded, folding it in her arms. Turning around, I shuffled through row of dresses, trying to find one I liked that was a reasonable price. I noticed Lily didn't even check the price tag of her dress, which made me a tad jealous considering I never had that type of luxury to care less about the price, but I brushed it off.

Taking one off the rack, I admired the beautiful embroidered flowers on the off-white fabric of a long, fluffy gown. As soon as I glanced at the price tag, I put it back.

"Did you not like that one? I thought it suited you well."

I looked over to Lily, who's gaze was fixed on the dress I put back. I gulped, feeling a little embarrassed. 

"It wasn't really my style..." I lied.

Her eyes darted around my face, as if scanning it, she then turned back to a gown she was looking at. My gaze turned to the rack and I sighed. The dress was adorable but it would literally make my bank account cry.

A few minutes later, Liz had already found hers, a grape-purple colored, knee-length, poofy dress with beautiful purple flowers embroidered on the tool fabric. Lily had ended up going with the original dress she picked out, while I was still looking.

I was already at the last row of dresses in the boutique. As I made my way to the end of the rack, I was slowly losing hope. Until, the last dress on the row caught my attention. It was a pretty, pearly champagne, form fitted, floor length dress... and for only $95... which is still a lot but I just couldn't resist. 

Holding up the dress over my figure, my hands traced around the silky smooth, satin fabric

"That is adorable!" Lily said when I joined them in the dressing room at the back of the boutique.

I smiled, my eyes looking back to dress in my hands, "Thanks, I'm glad I found one that I actually liked."

Lily flashed a friendly smile and nodded. 

Liz was already in one of the dressing rooms, trying on her purple dress. We both stood there for a while, waiting for Liz, as I rocked back and forth on my heels. 

The handle of the door turned and Liz stepped out, smoothing out the wrinkles of the dress.

Lily's eyes widen, "It's gorgeous!"

I nod and smile in agreement. 

"Thanks, guys." Liz chuckled, "Y/N, I love that dress by the way, I'm glad you found one in time."

"Oh, thanks."

She then retreated back to the dressing room to take it off.

A little while later, once Lily had tried on hers, it was my turn and for some reason a nervous feeling had washed over me as I stepped into the small dressing room. There was a full length mirror in the corner, as I stared at myself in the reflection, slipping my clothing off and stepping into the gown. It fit nicely around my figure. It wasn't too loose or too tight, it hugged my features beautifully. I turned to the side, admiring the reflection of the mirror.

"Y/NNNN... hurry upppp." Lily's muffled voice traveled through the door as I quietly chuckled and rolled my eyes.

Slipping my hand on the metal handle, I reluctantly opened the door, stepping back into the room where Liz and Lily were standing.

I awkwardly laughed as they both practically swooned over my dress.

"It's so pretty!!!" 

Once I had taken it off and put my other clothes back on, we had all walked up to the cashier.

A/N: hi everyone i hope you a nice day and also happy new years :) this chapter is hella sloppy and not my fav but oh well. I also hope you guys had a happy holiday season and ill see you luvs next chapterrrr <3