Good for Nothing

Trying to hide her breathlessness, Selene made a curtsy, sign of thanks to her friend.

" -So dear audience, what do you think? "

Lilas remained speechless. She would have liked to tell her that she was perfect and incredible, as always, but she knew that Selene would not believe her. So she racked her brains and tried to think of something to say.

"I have nothing to say about the steps and your technique, after all I'm not a ballerina.
-But still?
-Well, the only negative point I have to point out...is your emotions.
-How so?"

Selene tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and sat down next to her friend, gently removing her bluish tips.

"When you dance, what exactly do you think about?
-Everything and nothing. The desire to succeed, the fear of failing without doubt?
-That's the problem. You are not the character you are playing. You are focused on your technique, but you are not 100% involved in your dance.
-Oh you think...?"

Lilas gesticulated in all directions, as if she had said something hurtful:

"-Well, maybe I'm wrong! After all, who am I to judge haha...surely not your teacher and even less a ballerina."

The little swan patted her gently on the back, a sign not to panic:

" -The best thing is to have outside help, so thank you to you, sincerely."

But deep down she was thinking. To involve herself emotionally? With all the doubts that gnawed at her, all her parasitic thoughts that made her anxious about her future as a dancer...

It was late, they had to go to bed. But impossible for Selene to find Morpheus. During a good part of the night, she contented herself with reworking her steps in silence, imagining them, repeating them tirelessly, murmuring each step, each beat. She linked video after video, extracts of ballet after extracts.

She was destroying her nights but she prioritized the dance more than anything else, the rest didn't matter.

The alarm clock was difficult, she had slept only three small hours, with the great displeasure of her roommate:

"You are going to be exhausted Selene, seriously one day you are going to finish badly...
-Don't worry Lilas, I've got it all planned...
-By the way, weren't you supposed to find a summer job to compensate ?
-I gave up, it would have taken me too much time on the one dedicated to my trainings."

Lilas was speechless. Her friend was irresponsible. When was she going to realize her monumental stupidity?

"-I can't help you at the orphanage today, I have a training session that will end late.
-Very well ma'am, very well...You give Diana my regards!
-I won't miss it!"

They had spent the morning in their room despite the beautiful weather ahead.

Selene prepared herself thoroughly as she did every day. She had put on her favorite dress, a sky blue dress that Diana had given her for her 16th birthday. She loved it because of its lightness and color. She put on a white pearl bracelet and put on her blue heels.

While some lived life in pink, Selene lived it in blue.

She carefully combed her long golden hair and tied part of it in a bun and braided two strands on each side of her ears. She left the rest of her hair in the air, and to finish, she applied a peach lip balm. This natural air was what made her charm.
As a final touch, she added her silver moon earrings. Because yes, one of the supervisors of the orphanage had offered them to her because Selene reminded her of the Goddess of the Moon, Selene.