Epilog

"-Selene, what do you plan to present to us this time?"

Leonidova looked at her with a serious and authoritative look. She had not forgotten the previous day's interview, so she was expecting a change.

The ballerina felt more ready than ever. She couldn't explain this sudden surge of adrenaline and confidence.

Diana in the distance threw her little thumbs up, a sign of encouragement.

"-Madam, I'd like to try Odile's variation again."

Her teacher looked at her, skeptical and chin up.

" -After what happened yesterday? Are you sure?"

Rose, not missing a beat, arched an eyebrow and whispered to Diana:

"Well, she has guts...
-I must admit I'm surprised at her" she answered.

Selene smiled and unconsciously touched her purple ribbon:

"Sure and certain madam, this time it will be perfect.
-Well, let it be so."

She signaled to the pianist and he began to play.

The Princess breathed in slowly and threw herself, body and soul, into her dance. No one spoke a word as they were mesmerized by what was happening before their eyes.
All her steps were graceful, natural and perfect. The emotion and the character she was interpreting were one and the same. In fact, it was as if the real Black Swan was in front of the audience.

When she finished, she opened her eyes and was surprised to hear applause. Even Leonidova did not hold back.

The dancer made a delicate curtsy and turned to her teacher who gave her a gentle smile.

" -Selene, you are the one I want as a White Swan...As well as a Black Swan. That was excellent."

The young woman nodded, marbled but deep inside she was jumping for joy.

When the class was over, Diana threw herself around her neck:

"-Bravo my girl, you did it!!! I knew you could do it!
-Ah thank you, Diana...!"

She felt a hand on her shoulder. It was Rose:

"-Bravo, Little Swan, I must admit that was...Fascinating.
-That's nice, Rose...
-But how could you make so much progress in just 24 hours?
-I don't know...I'm surprised myself."

The trio shrugged their shoulders and went to change and then returned home. Selene had rushed to announce the news to Lilas. The latter had breathed a false sigh of relief.

"Oh Selene, that's great! I was so afraid to have to deal with more Swan Lake...
-Haha, very very funny Lilas. You know what? You get a front row seat."

She nudged her lightly with her elbow.

"By the way, now that I think about it, Selene.
-Hm?
-That ribbon and necklace, where did it come from?"

She looked at the clear crystal. She had made a necklace out of it simply because she thought it was pretty.

"-No idea.
-You wear them without knowing where they come from?
-I-...I don't mind them, so I don't mind keeping them.
-Hm, okay I see. "

Truth be told, Selene didn't want to take them off. Her unconscious didn't want to.
Lilas began to flicker her eyes.

"-Miranda would like us to take care of another area of the garden tomorrow.
-Sure Lilas, let's do that!" She smiled.

*

**