The Phantom of the Opera

"-What is it?"

Balan and Selene had met again, to simply talk. She was surprised when the Maestro showed her half a pink crystal heart.

"I heard about your little success a few moons ago.
-It was nothing special Balan...
-I hope you're kidding, it's a huge improvement! You may not realize it, that's all."

The Ballerina nodded silently, after all she could take his word for it, he was the pro.

"-What about the second fragment? Did I fail somewhere?
-Ho ho, no you didn't. You just haven't passed that one yet.
-I don't understand...I thought..."

Balan seemed to know what she was getting at.

"-I think you misunderstood your problem, Selene. There was more to why you came than just ballet.
-What else was there then?
-That's for you to find out."

The ballerina's shoulders lowered, dejected. Balan brushed his top hat with his finger.

"-If it makes you feel any better, you're pretty much on the right track.
-If you say so..."

The Ballerina couldn't see what was sticking. She thought that by succeeding in her ballet, she would be cured in no time. What was missing in this case?

The Maestro simply smiled at her. He observed his friend for a moment, he felt that his words titillated her. However, the answer to her thoughts had a simple name.

"-You're not asking me how Lance is doing, hm?"
-I- I was going to ask but you caught me off guard..."

At his words, she hid her face, reddened by embarrassment behind her cup of tea. Balan did not keep quiet:

"He's doing great! I haven't seen him like this for... centuries, if you only knew."

Selene was very surprised.

"-Is there any particular reason for this sudden positive change?"

Balan gave her a very heavy look.

"-You really don't know?
-How could I?" She answered him, looking away with a casual look.

The Maestro put his chin on one of his fists, not leaving the ballerina of the eyes, with this malicious rictus which hung on his face. Selene understood what he was implying:

"-No, no and no Balan.
-And yet I assure you that it is the truth."

He still didn't take his eyes off her, he absolutely wanted her emotions to betray her.

"But I didn't do anything special!
-Oh Selene, not to me, don't do it to me."

He paused, looked annoyed for a few seconds and finally sighed with a smile.

"-What are you not making me do..."

With a delicate hand, he removed his hat, revealing his true appearance. Selene was shocked to see that behind this very peculiar character, was finally hiding a Maestro with more human features.

"-I usually always reveal myself when a Visitor's journey comes to an end, but let's just say that the current situation is special."

The Ballerina was peony red. He looked a little more like Lance now that she thought about it. She thought he was just as handsome as he was, if anything.
Balan couldn't help but laugh out loud at the look of confusion on her face.

"I always have that effect, especially on women."

She could not help laughing at his remark.

"Sorry, I really did not expect it is all. You didn't have to, you know."