The Waltz

Selene wasted no time and rushed to the entrance of the Opera House. She stopped at the stairs leading outside and that's when she saw him: Her Prince.

One by one she went down the stairs, carefully. She felt like Cinderella, except that she would keep her shoe on.

The Maestro's back was still to her, so the ballerina quickly turned to her costumes, which were making huge gestures that probably meant "Go for it!"

Then she took a deep breath and hastened to gently tap the shoulder of her "partner" who did not fail to emit a slight startle and turn around.

The jaw of Lance opened at once not leaving the young woman of the eyes. Without really knowing why he could not move, nor speak, nor even express anything.

He found her beautiful. If he had been able to express his feelings he would have offered her a little monologue drying her of praises because in this very moment, his Princess had hypnotized him.

"You are...Perfect, yes more perfect than perfection!" Had he managed to pronounce in a slight whisper, which Selene could hear.

She laughed, embarrassed because she was not used to a man complimenting her like that. She could feel her cheeks burning, and it was ecstasy when Lance took her hand to accompany her to their meeting place.

Lance and Selene were both panicked. They had never been on a date before. Luckily for Lance, Balan had helped him a lot with how a human "date" worked.

"-Just charm her and you've won everything Lance." He had retorted.

The chance was definitely on his side, since no migraine or other parasite had come to point the end of his nose. He began to believe that it was thanks to Selene. Every time he saw her, spent time with her or just thought about her...he felt immensely positive.

The young woman was his Balance.

The walk to the heart of the Wonderworld was not long and during this time they discussed the stars and their constellations that shone brightly in the ink blue sky.

As a joke, the Maestro told her that he could see her in the sky. He was referring to the constellation of the swan.

When they reached their destination, Lance did not let go of her hand and stood behind her. With his free hand he hid the eyes of his beloved.

" -You would not like that I discover your secret place? " Had she said in the tone of the joke.
"Ha ha, not at all, let's say it's a surprise."

He slowly guided her to a large door and opened it simply by blinking. He continued to block his guest's view and they made their way to the center of the room.

Lance withdrew his hand and Selene opened her eyes, only to widen them.

The Wonderworld was definitely full of surprises. Of the many places in it, the Maestro had definitely hit the spot. They were both in a huge ballroom, exactly like in the most sumptuous palaces. She was thinking of one of the ballrooms at the Palace of Versailles, which she had seen in history books.

The room was bathed in light with a magical and soothing atmosphere. The floor was so shiny that Selene could perfectly see her reflection in it.

She turned to Lance, her eyes filled with admiration.

"-I didn't think this kind of place would exist in the very heart of the Wonderworld!"

Lance, hands behind his back, winked at her, as if charmed:

" - You haven't seen anything yet. The Wonderworld is finally only an infinity of possibilities!
-It never ceases to amaze me to tell you."

The Maestro finally bent down and held out his hand to her: