The Music Box

"-Castafiore that's not right!
-But Selene what are you talking about!"

If the ballerina had the ability to walk, she would have made at least a hundred rounds, so preoccupied was she.

"-Don't tell me you're forcing yourself not to like him, just because you and he are different...?"

Selene bit her lip.

" -Maybe " She said with a falsely haughty air.

The singer sighed and sat down beside her.

"-Stop making excuses.
-I'm not making excuses!
-Then why are you trying to convince yourself?"

Selene looked at her in the corner, uncomfortable. She whispered:

"-I'm afraid..."

Castafiore leaned towards her, deciding to play the tease:

" -Pardon darling, what did you say? I think I did not hear well... "

Her interlocutor was satisfied to throw her a bored look. Defeated, she repeated, louder and clearly this time:

" -I am terrified. "

The girl slumped on her seat, taking care not to move her injured ankle. She took out her music box with a melancholic and nonchalant air and opened it. The air soothed her and made her think more clearly.

"-How long has this been lingering in your thoughts?
-I would say when I first saw it. To tell the truth, at first I didn't pay much attention to it. Lance must have been like every other dance partner I've ever danced with. I usually always turn them down, I don't know I never felt any interest in it. You see there wasn't this...
- "Little something"?
-Yeah, you could say that..."

She didn't take her eyes off her precious treasure.

"But there was this thing with Lance, as if his aura had attracted me unconsciously. I don't know why it happened and why I'm reacting so...Stupid.
-It's because you've never had to deal with this kind of situation before. You yourself said that you reject anyone who wants to try anything with you. You even rejected that one boy who was just interested in you and nothing more.
-I didn't think the situation would get away from me that much.
-You can't always be in control of everything. The proof is here.
-I'm probably imagining things..."

Castafiore couldn't help but chuckle.

"Selene, Selene... You still managed to get a heart fragment from him. You got hurt and almost gave in to the negativity of worrying about your future together. On your date you were completely disconnected from reality, you were always on your little cloud. And I'm sure there's a lot I don't know."

Selene rubbed her face, distraught.

"-Ah! I don't know...I'm lost Castafiore."

Her friend looked her straight in the eyes, a serious air that troubled the young dreamer.

" -I'm going to ask you a very simple question, answer me with your heart " She took her hand.

"-Selene, what are your feelings towards Lance?
-I..."

She stopped. She took a deep breath and put her free hand over her heart.

"-I feel this irresistible urge to stay by his side. His presence does me so much good, I feel like I'm escaping reality and forgetting the world around me when I'm with him. He is...magnetizing and adorable. I've never known anyone to behave like this with me, never known anyone to be so caring...I know this is his and Balan's role but I can't help but think...This is different from the other Wonderworld Visitors."