We'll meet again

What happened after that magical night was rather quiet. Lance and Selene spent their last moments together.

They did not leave each other anymore.

The two doves could only lie and stare at each other for long hours, they didn't care. They were together and that's all that mattered. They were, however, rather secretive about their relationship, even though Balan and the cast-member already knew about it without their knowledge.

However, Lance had not told anyone about what he had done to himself. He knew in advance that Balan or even Selene would be horrified if they knew he had torn out his heart. But what if he was corrupted by negativity? His heart wouldn't stand for it, and perhaps it would even cause irreversible consequences to some things he held dear.

"-Lance?"

The ballerina's oh-so-sweet voice pulled him from his musings.

" -What is it?"

Selene straightened up, pained.

" -It is time."

*

**

" -Selene no don't leave, please it's really too sad!"

Plumy was crying her eyes out in her friend's clothes while the other costumes nodded.
Even Orchestrina, who had only dealt with Selene a few times.

"-Plumy you're not really helping me here...I hate goodbyes.
-We'll always be with you, in your heart! After all, that's what we are..." Added Milky Way.

Selene quickly wiped away a tear from her cheek and laughed.

"That's true, yes. But I'm going to miss our interactions...I think of you as people, not just a part of my heart.
-She's right. You talk as if we are going to die..." Orchestrina finished.

Selene could not help but burst out laughing.

"No my friends, you will remain alive. In a slightly different way though."

Castafiore approached, tears unable to contain herself.

"-Oh my little sweetie, it's true that I may have covered you up a little too much and been a little harsh, but..."

The girl didn't let her finish and hugged her.

" -You were amazing...All of you! Oh, I'm really going to miss you guys."

Thus, they all ended up hugging collectively.

Afterwards, Selene took care to say goodbye to Cotton, promising him that Balan and Lance would take good care of him.

She said her final goodbyes to her friends, as well as to her stage. She felt her heart clench, but she had to get home. She took one last look at her scene, then turned and headed for Balan's Theater.

*

**

When she stepped inside the Theater, she did not find the hall she used to walk through when she wanted to see Balan or Lance. Instead, a great white expanse with a pure, angelic aura was all around her.

In the center was Balan, top hat off with a smile that was a mixture of sorrow and satisfaction.

The young woman walked towards him with a light step.