What's wrong with us ?

With a cup of tea in her hand, Selene sighed, pensive. She was thinking about the last "days" spent in the company of her beloved Maestro: Lance.

Since their very first contact which had not left the dear one indifferent, they had continued the exercise so that Lance was at ease.

As time went by, they had fun dancing to classical music, sometimes jazz, swing, salsa and ballroom dance.

They were discovering a new kind of dance together each time and it was more than fun. It brought them closer without using words: looks and gestures were enough.

The ballerina continued to smile, in her bubble having completely forgotten that Balan was in front of her. The latter looked at her smiling, he did not wish to pull her out of her reveries.

When she came back to reality and noticed Balan, she apologized, red with shame. Balan laughed.

"Just seeing you daydreaming makes me happy. I feel that your heart is more and more balanced, it is advantageous!
-But still, I haven't started my dance training at all...I mean, that's one of the main reasons I came here."

The Maestro crossed his legs and took a sip of tea:

"-Sometimes it is useless to go straight to the point. Take advantage of the unforeseen events of your journey and they will be the key to everything."

Selene frowned perplexed.

"Think about everything that has happened to you so far, Selene. Also I don't know what was said between you and Lance, but I'm sure our two points of view are the same."

He wasn't wrong. In the end, the conclusion was similar.

She fiddled with her teacup nervously:

"-On the contrary I feel like I got lost on the way...
-What do you mean by that?"

The words could not come out of her mouth. Something was blocking her. Nevertheless, she managed to mumble something incomprehensible:

"-Let's say that there is something that I did not expect...
-What is it?"

With a sigh she came out with something inaudible to Balan's ears

"-That Prince with the tortured face..."

*
**

"It's so cold"
"Why is it so dark?"
" I can't move "
"Is this a dream?"

He looked above him: the Void.

He didn't understand where he was and why he was lying on this cold ground.

Yet he was sweating but shaking at the same time.

He was anxious, afraid, lost.
He waited. An eternity? Or a few seconds?
He tried to close his eyes, to move, impossible.

He finally felt something slimy and unpleasant tightening on his whole body. He was paralyzed and could not see what it was.

But by the sound and the texture he guessed.

Tentacles.

The atmosphere became more and more suffocating. He began to scream at the top of his lungs.

He shouted for help, he begged.
But no sound came out of his mouth.

The tentacles swallowed him whole, despite his torments now choked by this hideous and harmful mass.

Lance woke up with a start and burst into tears, terrorized by what he had just experienced. He got out of bed, ran to his mirror and collapsed even more when he saw that nothing abnormal had appeared in his house.