Cast-Member

"-Well...I guess I didn't get to explore the backstage area with you." Selene sighed, addressing "her" Tim, who responded with a squeal of delight.

" -Don't you think it would be better, if I gave you a little name? It would be easier..."

She thought for a moment and snapped her fingers:

"Why not Cotton? You're like a little cotton ball after all!"

Again the Tim squealed with delight. He seemed to love the name.

"-In that case, follow me Cotton and we'll continue our visit."

Their tour kept them busy for two hours. They explored every room in every nook and cranny. Backstage, dressing rooms, costume room... There was even a rehearsal room.

Everything was like backstage in her world. Selene felt good, comfortable in a world so familiar to her. After all, it was her heart that had created it all and she was proud of it.

Her scene just lacked company, but she knew that Balan would visit her from time to time.

She and Cotton returned to the big stage.

"-I wonder what time it is now..."

She pulled out her cell phone, but it didn't light up. She thought she had turned it off earlier, but she couldn't turn it back on.

"-Hm, I guess that kind of technology doesn't work here. I mean, it's not like I need my cell phone."

She began pacing back and forth, thoughtful. Although the absence of her cell phone didn't bother her much, she was beginning to wonder about its alleged disappearance into her world. Would anyone have noticed her? If so, are they worried right now? Will the police be on the case?

"Don't worry Prima Ballerina, no one notices your absence in your world when you are here."

The young woman was startled. It was a small and feminine voice that she had heard, but it was unknown to her. And what was this nickname she had used...?

She turned around slowly and suddenly gave a cry of surprise.

In front of her were five small beings that were anything but human.

"-May I know who you are?"

Each one curtsied to her, smiling. One of them spoke up.

"-We are the little people of your scene. Balan calls us the 'Cast-Member'".

She opened her mouth, showing her understanding. She didn't know why or how, but with one look, she could name each of the costumes. And yet she had never heard those names from anyone:

The first costume, Plumy Pirouette was a white swan, dressed as a ballerina. Selene immediately made the connection with Swan Lake. Plumy seemed to have a certain penchant for elegance, but she was also sweet and curious.

Nutcracker, the second costume, was a wooden soldier. Again Selene made the connection with the Nutcracker ballet, a ballet she was also very fond of. He seemed very protective of the stage and in general.

As for the third costume, Milky Way, she had nothing to do with any ballet. She was a little star with her eyes closed. Selene deduced that she might have had something to do with the celestial ceiling. Milky with that childish, but still very friendly look. Perhaps she was the type to play silly, albeit friendly, games.

The fourth costume, Maestro seemed to be a very reserved and shy conductor. His gaze was never fixed on a person, always on the floor or the scenery. He seemed a bit clumsy, but Selene could feel his strong love for music and composition.