Three

"Freddie?"

I knocked on the door, waiting for a response. I had the laptop under my arm.

"Come in!"

I opened the door to see him stand in a mess of all his clothes.

"What's this?" I asked, looking at his wardrobe which was completely empty.

"I'm re-organising it." He told me. "But now that I've emptied my wardrobe, I don't have the energy to put it in."

I chuckled.

"And I'm not allowed to do magic outside of school." He sighed and sat down on his bed.

I scanned the clothes on the floor before I pulled out my wand and used magic to clean it up.

"Don't tell your dad I did that." I chuckled before I sat down next to him. "I have to talk to you about something rather serious."

"I didn't break that vase from grandma."

I frowned.

"The vase is broken?"

"Uh—"

"Never mind." I sighed. "We'll talk about that another time. This is more important."

I opened the laptop and turned it on, finding the browser that George talked about.

"Your dad told me about something he found on the laptop."

"Oh..."

"He found a conversation between you and a grown man." I said, looking at the laptop, my lips parting when I saw a new message the guy had sent just a few seconds ago.

'If you're comfortable, I can sent you my address and I can show you'

I closed the laptop quickly, not wanting Fred to read that message.

"Mum?" Fred asked when I had been zoned out for a moment.

I looked at him and offered a soft smile.

"It was just one time." Fred shrugged.

"I know." I nodded. "And I know you had some questions about your body and about sex—"

"Please stop." Fred made a face, covering his face in embarrassment.

"Hey—" I nudged him with my shoulder. "...I know it's uncomfortable to talk about, but you can't be speaking to strangers on the internet, and a twenty-something-year-old should not be texting a twelve-year-old like that."

"Like what?" He asked with a frown. "He was being friendly!"

"I understand that's the way you see it." I nodded. "But I can promise you, this guy has other intentions. I've been there and I only figured it out three years ago, that it was wrong. Promise me you won't talk to anymore strangers. Not on the internet and not in real life either. If anyone contacts you, come to me or your dad about it. It's only to protect you, yeah?"

Fred nodded.

"Okay. I'm sorry."

"No, don't be." I smiled. "This isn't your fault."

I gave him a hug.

"I'm gonna go downstairs and talk to your dad." I said. "I also have to leave soon but I'll come upstairs and say goodbye before hand, yeah?"

Fred nodded and I smiled at him before leaving his room with the laptop under my arm.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where George was cleaning up after breakfast, doing the dishes without magic which he did when he was thinking.