Chapter Eight

Richard's POV:

I decided I wanted to find her. I began  making my way back to Dylan's room when I ran into him. He was wearing a black overcoat.

"Where are you going?" I asked him gesturing at his attire.

"I could ask you the same thing," he said looking at me. I shrugged.

"I asked you first," I said. He smiled.

"I'm going out to find you another human that will satisfy you're.....unique taste" he said. I glared at him suspiciously.

"I appreciate the thought, but I can find my own humans to feed on. I'm not a child." I said, beginning to shove past him, but he grabbed my shoulder and shoved me back.

"You haven't answered my question." he said.

"I'm going to Lilly's room." I answered honestly.

"Why?" he asked. I looked down.

"I don' know." I confessed. I really didn't. It could be for an apology, or maybe I wanted a taste. No I think I just wanted to see her.

"Well if you recall, she is mine. Therefore I have instructed her not to speak to anyone. Least of all you. Understand?" he said.

"Understand? What am I? A servant? She doesn't belong to you, she is a human being." I stated defensively. How dare he tell me what to do! Dylan smiled.

"Well little brother, it seems I've hit a soft spot." he put on a straight face, "don't speak to her because she is mine actually. If you don't believe me than I will carve my name into her skin." and with that he walked off. He was sick.

I watched him leave from a window and when I was sure he was gone, I made my way to Lilly's room. When I got there, I heard two hearts beating. Anita's scent littered the hall. Her blood was very unique. It smelled strongly of copper while most blood had more of an iron smell. Dylan loved it, but it certainly wasn't for me.

I waited outside the door and listened. Lilly's heart was slightly faster than Anita's, younger and healthier. I could hear someone dipping a cloth in water. I didn't exactly piece things together until Anita got up and began to walk out.

"Wait!" Lilly said. Her voice was so lovely. Anita paused and her heart accelerated in stress, a reaction to defying Dylan, I presumed.

"Thank you," Lilly said. That's when I figured Anita must have been in there to clean up Lilly's wounds. Anita walked out, locked the door, and began to walk away.

"Anita" I said softly. She turned to look at me, and bowed her head realizing it was me.

"Master," she murmured.

"I would like to visit this girl," I told her holding my hand out for the keys. She clutched the keys and gulped nervously.

"I-I'm sorry sir, but M-Master Dylan has given me specific-"

"I don't care what Dylan has said. Give me the keys." I demanded. She stuffed the keys between her breasts and took out a knife. The knife wouldn't kill me, but it would certianly bother me. He must have given very strict orders for her to try something like this. Briefly I wondered why it was so important for him to keep her away from me, when he had so recently had such an interest in me meeting her. I shook off the thought.

I started forward to Anita and punched her in the gut. She moaned and slashed at me, a pathetic attempt.

"Please.. Master Richard," she said, "I don't want to do this."

"Well neither do I" I said quietly. I approached her and in one swift movement, I had the knife out of her hand. I plunged it into her side, just before reaching the major artery, and let her slump to the ground. I bent down and took the keys from her shirt. The wound wouldn't kill her, just keep her out of my way for a bit. Her eyes filled with tears.

"Please don't go in there. He'll kill me. Please," she whispered as I made my way to the door. I ignored her pleas, preoccupied with the girl in the room.

I put in the key and turned the lock with a loud click. When I entered, I saw Lilly standing next to the bed, holding her wrist at a funny angle. She looked petrified. I moved slowly towards her, my attempt to not frighten her. She back away until she hit a corner, which scared her and made her jump.

She smelled so good. So incredible that I just wanted to sink my teeth into her. Something, however held me back. She jerked me out of my trance when she spoke.

"You're not supposed to be here," She said in a shaky whisper. I smiled softly and stopped moving toward her.

"And why not?" I asked. She looked troubled for a minuet before looking at the floor.

"Are you here to kill me?" she choked out, ignoring my question. I had to admit I didn't like that. I realized then that I didn't want to be a monster. I looked her in the eye.

"No. I just wanted to see how you were doing." her jaw dropped. I was surprised at my words as well. She took a moment to compose herself.

"Why?" she asked hesitantly. The confusion was apparent on her face. I took another step forward and heard her heart speed up.

"It's okay," I said taking another small step forward. She stiffened still. I wanted her to say something; her voice was intoxicating.

"If Dylan see's you in here I'll be in trouble," she said. So he had warned her too? I was so curious as to why he didn't want me to see her.

"What did he say about me?" I asked.

"Why do you need to know?" she demanded. There was a little more gusto in her voice than I had heard before. Perhaps she wasn't as frightened of me as she thought she was.

"I just do." I replied. She sighed and relaxed the slightest bit. I smiled and she gasped, gazing at me in wonder.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing" she said, her eyes still boring into mine. She had brown eyes. Carmel almost. It matched her hair. She was so beautiful.

"No tell me," I said taking a step closer to her.

"Stay away from me." she said tensing.

"I'm not going to hurt you." I said quietly. She pursed her lips and looked at me.

"Why are you being nice to me?" she asked. I almost laughed but I didn't, not wanted to offend her.

"Did you really think all Vampires were like my brother?" I asked her. She broke a small smile out. It was small but it lit her entire face up with a new level of beauty.

"I haven't met many Vampires," she said.

"Well I happen to know a very charming vampire," I said, smirking. She smiled again.

"Is that so? Well perhaps I will have to find some time in my busy schedule," she said sarcastically. I couldn't believe this was happening. Was I actually FLIRTING with a human? Yes I think I was.

Suddenly I heard Dylan's car in the drive way. I took another step towards her. She eyed me warily, but didn't back away.

"Dylan's coming," I said. She paled. "Don't tell him I was in here talking to you okay?" she nodded her head I began to walk out.

"Richard?" she said. I got chills when she said my name. I turned to look at her. She was blushing and smiling slightly.

"I look forward to meeting that charming Vampire."