Chapter Nine

Dylan's POV:

I opened the house where I had found Andrea nearly 15 years ago. I remembered then, there had been a small girl. Very small. Probably 4 or 5 years old.

I could hear a heart beating inside, now as I approached the familiar door. Three actually. I knocked. A lovely you girl came out. I knew immidiatly that this was Andrea's daughter. Not just because of the remarkable resemblance, but because of the scent of her blood.

"Hello," she said, curiosity in her tone.

"Hello dear, I was just wondering if I could talk to your mother?" I said politely. The girl smiled.

"Yes of course, just a moment." She leaned back in the house, "Aunt Sherry!" she hollered.

"Oh no I mean your mother. The woman who birthed you," I stated. The girl looked down.

"Oh I'm sorry, she's been gone for a while," she said sadly.

"Is that so?" I asked.

"Yes, but I'm sure my aunt can answer any questions you may need," she said.

Quickly, I took a step forward and put my mouth to her ear. I pulled out a dagger and pressed the blade to the tip of her stomache.

"Listen closely my dear, you are going to come with me without making a scene, or I'm going to kill you, your Aunt, and then your uncle understand?" I whispered. I could hear her heart beat speed up. She nodded her head quietly.

I moved behind her, putting the knife tip at the small of her back. I led her to my truck with tinted windows. She got buckled when she sat down. I rolled my eyes at the very human gesture. Once the truck started moving she began to cry.

"What do you want with me?" she sobbed. I rolled my eyes again. How many times had I heard that one?

"I want you so that my brother can suck your blood every day because he killed your mother and needs a new similar food sorce." she began to shake.

"My.. my mother? She was alive all this time?" she sobbed.

"Ah. No need to cry my dear." I said. "She wasn't in her right mind most of the time." after that she would'nt shut up. An hour and a half later, she hiccuped herself into silence.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Olivia" she whispered. I glanced at her. Wow, she looked so much like Andrea.

When we got to the house, she tried to run, but she didn't even make it 2 feet before I had her.

"Dont waste your energy, escape isn't possible," I said quietly. I grabbed her upper arm and pulled her into the mansion. I decided she was going to have to stay in the room next to Lilly's for the time being.

I was brainstorming different ways to present my brother with this oh so lovely gift when I ran into Richard on the third floor. He had a slight skip in his step.

"Hello Richard," I said. Richard turned and looked at me.

"Hello Dylan. Who's this?" he added noticing Olivia trying to hide behind me. I pulled her out in front of me. Richards face fell as he recognized Olivia's face and the smell of her unique blood, same as her mothers.

"Dylan I told you I can find someone myself. Go put her back." he said. I shrugged sweeping a curtain of hair away from her throat.

"If you won't have her than I will," and with that I plunged my fangs threw her porcelain skin.

Richards POV:

The moment Dylan's fangs penetrated her skin, the scent of her blood overwhelmed me. More than that, however, the guilt of knowing I killed her mother hung with me. I don't know why! I had never cared about hurting or killing humans before! Even Vampires I had killed. I had killed vampire children to persuade their makers to do what I ask.