Chapter 24

Dylans POV:

I angrily swatted a feather from my shoulder, where it had been ever so slowly drifting. The bed thoroughly torn and the pillows contents everywhere, my anger still remained. I knew what I needed to make me better. Why was I hesitating now?

"Shelby!!" I yelled. Nothing.

"SHELBY!!!!!" I yelled again.

Nothing. My face got hot.

"GODDAMMIT SHELBY!!!!!" I screamed angrily as the door opened. Shelby lazily walked in with a toothbrush in her mouth. She looked bored as she always did. I listened for her heartbeat and was amazed, as I always was, that it was regular. The fact that I was angry vampire that could tear her apart without breaking a sweat didn't frighten her in the least. Sometimes it pissed me off, but it's why I kept her intelligent little 13 year old ass around. She was level headed. Kept it real with me.

"What." She said groggily. Her toothbrush and squinty eyes made me aware of the time I had willfully lost track of. It must have been 3 or 4 a.m. by now. My anger calmed down a little bit in her presence.

"What do I do about Lilly?" I asked quietly.

"How far did you get in training?" She asked, making her way over to my bathroom to spit out the toothpaste foam.

"She was very hard to train. I got a little far and Richard tried to free her and then he thought he killed her but he didn't know about the drugs I put in her and then I had to keep it a secret and I was so busy with the ball I let my man servant Jackson take over. But that doesn't matter, she was attacked by Jasper and I had to bring her to the hospital wing or she would have died. She would have died... The training will have been slightly undone now that they got the drugs out of her system and gave her mind time to recover. It's been 5 days, she should be pretty back to normal, mentally at least." I gasped for air after my monologue.

Shelby strolled further into the room and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Dylan, if there is something I need to know about, now is the time to tell me," she said slowly, looking at me condescendingly. I didn't meet her eyes, training my eyes on the floor. I could barely admit it to myself, let alone say it out loud to another being. Shelby sighed patiently.

"I can't help you if I don't understand the problem," she said. I looked at her, anger returning.

"I don't understand the problem either!" I said stupidly.

"Why did you save Lilly? Isn't her death what you wanted all along? With her gone, Richard would stay immortal and you wouldn't be alone. Why save her life, what are you benefitting? You can't tell me you just wanted her alive so you could kill her at the ball." She interrogated me slowly, letting me process each question.

I knew why I had saved her, why my eyes turned bright blue at the thought of her beautiful fragile face.

"Because I'm in love with her." I whispered. I didn't will the words to come out, but I knew they were true. I looked at Shelby and she regarded my shining blue eyed curiously.

       "I don't want to die." I said quietly. "If I fall in love with her my humanity will slowly return until I am human and then I will die."

"You could kill her, mourn, and get it over with. Or you could embrace the feelings and allow yourself to love. Make her fall for you, have a normal human life with her." She advised. To hear such emotional-based council from a young girl that had spent most of her life in a vampires castle giving morbid advice, was odd to say the least. The idea of loving Lilly, her belonging to me willingly, was a concept that made me feel warm. Then the warmth turned cold and sour.

"She would never love me. Not after everhthing I've done. Richard would never allow it."

"Well, you could train her to love you." She said bluntly. I looked at her curious and slightly repulsed.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I mumbled. She shrugged.

"I was given extreme logic and understanding of things around me. It's a blessing and a curse, you could say." She said. I sighed, finally exhausted.

"I can't train her, Richard would never rest till he put a stop to it." I explained wearily.

"Then use your charm. Show her kindness and beauty and understanding. Why do you think she fell for Richard so quickly? She was placed in a terrifying new world and was scared and alone, then suddenly there was a kind face. A voice of consolation and a comforting hand to hold. You need to become that source for her." Shelby instructed quietly.

I didn't need to see her expression change to interest to know my eyes now shown blue once more. I looked at the floor, my eye browd creasing.

"I know what I have to do." I whispered finally.

SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATE FOR SO LONG, DON'T WORRY GUYS, I HAVEN'T GIVEN UP ON THIS STORY, I JUST HAVE SOME PRESSING COLLEGE CLASSES TYING ME DOWN. BUT I HAVE A STORY PLANNED OUT IN MY HEAD, READY FOR WATTPAD.

BE PATIENT AND VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!