Chapter 14

Dylan's POV :

The act of training a Slave is turning an ordinary person into a loyal slave. Some slaves are harder to break than others, as I assumed Lilly will be, and others break fast and comply. The act of torturing a human or vampire until nothing about them remains is brutal work, but I couldn't pretend I didn't have a little fun with it.

The rebuilding was the fun part. Once the subject had been tortured almost to the point where anything personal about them was gone, their mind is filled in, remade.

I could make her love me if I wanted. I could make her hate Richard. She would want nothing more than to please me.

She screamed as I plunged the knife into her thigh.

"Please stop," she begged. "please I'll do anything." she sobbed. I gazed into her pain filled eyes and I made my decision.

"Do you love me?" I asked quietly. A look of shock and disgust flashed across her worn features.

"Of course I don't love you." she gathered enough anger in her to make these words spiteful.

I twisted the knife in her leg and she threw her head back screaming. unfortunately for her, she was strapped to a table; there was no escape.

I continued torturing her for hours. asking her if she loved me. Her answer was no, but a less certain variation each time. Finally, night fell. It was unbelievable that I had spent an entire day with this slave.

"Tell me you love me and we will be done for the day," I said. She had already blacked out several times in our little session and she looked like she was on the brink of another one.

"Lilly," I said quietly, touching her face. She flinched away from my touch. "Do you love me?" I asked.

She refused to look at me.

"Lilly you don't even have to mean it. they're just words. Just say the words 'I love you' and it will be over." She closed her eyes tightly.

"I love you," she whispered. I straightened up, satisfied.

"That's very good Lilly." I told her undoing her bonds. She made no move to get up.

"Lilly one more thing." I said, finishing untying her. she opened her eyes weakly.

"I'm thirsty," I growled. She found enough strength to roll off the table and scoot away from me. I laughed at how pathetic and weak it was. I picked her up and bit into her neck. she didn't even scream, she just immediately passed out.

I was going to leave her drained body on the ground, but the risk of her bleeding out was too great. I used the same knife that had spent time in her thigh to make a small wound in my arm. I pressed the wound to her mouth and didn't remove it until enough of my blood had gone down her throat. Some of her wounds began to heal from the amazing properties of vampire blood.

I glanced down at her unconscious form as I stood up. She was indeed a very pretty girl when she wasn't scowling or looking at me with disgust, anger and fear. I picked her up and laid her on the table. I strapped only her wrists down so she couldn't run when she woke. I took a moment to patch up some of her wounds a little more, then with a last glance at her I left the room, determined to keep Richard away from her this time.