chapter 19

Richards POV:

I turned and started off on a sprint towards where Lilly had gone running. I hadn't gotten far at all when I felt a sharp pain in my ankles and I tumbled to the ground. The ropes that tangled tightly from my ankles to my lower thigh were covered in thorns that dug into my flesh. Dylan whizzed by me in a flash.

"Dylan!!! DYLAN YOU TOUCH HER AND I SWEAR TO GOD..." i yelled, unable to think of something bad enough to do to him. I growled and struggled against the bonds, the thorns sinking further into my skin with every movement.

Lilly's POV:

I tripped a couple times while running. My breath was coming in too hot, my vision too dark. I knew I was dehydrated and lacking too much blood to go on for much longer. Blood was exposed...well.... everywhere on me, so I knew it was hopeless to keep running, but the thought of Dylan kept me going.

Suddenly I ran into something hard that hadn't been there a moment before. I fell to the ground. I looked up and put a feeble hand up, a last ditch effort for self defence.

Dylan towered over me, not looking pleased or sadistic as he usually did, but angry. Suddenly, his furious mask composed to one of pity, sympathy almost.

"Are you okay?" He asked, taking my hand in his. Confusion swept over me. I stared at him blankly, unsure of what was happening.
"Lilly, my darling, are you alright?" He asked gently helping me to my feet.

Suddenly I burried my face in his chest. He stroked my hair and let a hand rest easy against the back of my neck.

"Shhhh, it's okay, I've got you," he said soothingly. "I won't let him hurt you."

Too many emotions mixed together put me in a stage of utter emotional confusion. Why was I running? From Dylan?

"Lilly, lets go home," he whispered. Home... that's right I wanted to go home.

"Home..." I mumbled, allowing him to lead me the direction from which I came. My heart was still pounding from the running I had done. We walked for a minute when the other one burst through the trees.

"Lilly," he panted. His anger frightened me.

"What do you want?" I asked. His brow creased together in anger and his eyes flickered up to Dylans. Dylan shrugged.

"I guess it worked after all," he said, satisfactory. Dylan moved my hair to one side of my neck, exposing the other.

"Here, I'll make you a deal," Dylan continued, "if you drink from her, I'll let her go."

"What kind of sick joke is that, you know what would happen." The other one growled, but even as he said it, his eyes flickered to my throat with hidden desire.

I turned to face Dylan, I saw the sadistic look on his face before he could hide it, and I was afriad. My emotions were so mixed up.

"What did you do to me," I choked out, stumbling back from the both of them. I didn't get far before Dylan grabbed my wrist and held me in place. After a glance thrown at the other one.... Richard was his name.... Dylan swung me around in front of him and sunk his fangs into my neck, hard.

Richards POV:

Her blood was already exposed before, but thr overwhelming scent wafted up my nostrils and I immediately moved forward to claim my prey, to take her from Dylan. I didn't have to work hard at all, I barely moved forward when he threw her at me.

Lilly, still concious groaned, her eyes cracking open, squinted in pain.

"Lilly..." I groaned, with longing, with self-hatred. She looked at me, turning her head opened her wound further and I gritted my teeth to stop from biting into her immediately.

"Richard..," she breathed, "I'm tired" and she closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry," I managed to get out before I clamped my jaw onto her open wound.