IV : Past Misery

"Tell me Marinette...What do you know about...

The Kingdom of Moon?"

"The Kingdom of Moon? Isn't that a fairytale?"

"That's what the folks say, but soon you will be able to prove to everyone that it's not one"

"M-me?"

"May I see your left thigh Marinette?"

"Y-yeah sure"

Luna led Marinette to a bench before slowly lifting her skirt revealing a mark shaped like a crown

"Do you know why your birthmark is shaped like a crown?"

"T-this is a birthmark? I didn't even know I had this until now!"

Luna chuckled before covering her thigh again "Your family are full of sorcerers Marinette"

"Sorcerers?"

"Mmhm, the sorcerers of the Moon are powerful especially with their healing magic. But there is one type of magic that they are especially known for"

"And that is?"

"Love"

"Love?"

"The moon and star together represent the harmony that exists in the relationship between a man and a woman, and it serves as a symbol of love. Love is especially a VERY powerful thing among the kingdoms. You could almost say it's what keeps them alive"

"Why are you telling me this?"

Luna stood up "The Kingdom of Moon has disappeared together with it's inhabitants, you are the only remaining member of your family that can do magic. You can help bring back the kingdom"

"W-why me? I don't even know the first thing about magic"

"I can teach you, if you choose to follow me of course"

"Will I be ever to see my friend's again?"

"In due time yes, but we must go now. You are 16 years old now right?"

"Y-yes"

"The mark will appear at the daughter's sweet sixteenth birthday, it will be her sign to return home and bring back the kingdom because by that time her magic is already becoming powerful"

"Birthday? I don't even know when my birthday is...No one at the Orphanage does"

"Well now you do now"

"Can you tell me more about my family? And what we did for the Kingdom of Moon?"

"Your family serves under the Queen and King, your family always helped with whatever problem arose. Your mother and father especially were lovely people"

"Did you know them personally?"

"I...Used to serve that kingdom, so you could say I knew them very well"

"I see...I-I have a question"

"What is it?"

"Did my parents ever leave me with anything? Did they love me?"

Luna put her hands on Marinette's shoulders and smiled gently "Your parents loved you with their whole hearts, unfortunately when the kingdom disappeared or rather wilted away there was no remnants of anything, but they did leave you with one thing"

"What did they leave me?"

"Your mark silly!" Luna said pointing to Marinette's thigh

"Out of all places why was the mark positioned at my thigh?"

"Well a birthmark on the thigh indicates someone who will carry the confidence of those who are favored in life. It's believed to be a sign of luck, and an omen of wealth and happiness throughout the person's life"

"Wealth and luck? If that's the case then why did I end up at and Orphanage?"

"Fate works in mysterious ways"

"Do other sorcerers also have a crown birthmark at their thigh?"

"Sorcerers have it on different parts of their body depending on which kingdom they come from. The sorcerers of the Moon have their birthmark on their thigh to symbolize them leading others to glory. In another kingdom they have their birthmark at their arm symbolizing their strength. Royals having the royal birthmark on their arm means that they are brave and courageous as well as ready to do everything for the people they love and care for"

"So does the Kingdom of Sun and Moon compliment each other?"

"More than compliment, they fit each other like a puzzle piece!"

"Can you tell me more? My friend found a book about-"

"In due time I'll answer every question you have Marinette, but for now it's time for my question

Will you come with me?"

Marinette stood up excited "It's about time I have a little adventure in my life, let's go!"

Luna then locked with Marinette's arm and started walking with her towards

The Kingdom of Sun