VIII : Village Stroll

*knock* *knock*

"Come in" Adrien said

The person had come it and shut the door behind him

Adrien who was staring at a stack of papers while holding a quill looked up to the person who entered the room and immediately buried his face in his hands giving out a loud groan

"Oh come on Adrien! You haven't even seen the contents yet" The person said approaching him

Adrien looked up and looked at the letter the person was holding "Please don't tell me it's about the concerns of the Kingdom of Sky"

"Who else would you be receiving letters from?" The person said giving him the letter

Adrien started opening the envelope the letter was in "It's not like I can magically bring back the Kingdom of Moon! They need to understand that I need more time"

"Adrien it's been almost two months without the Kingdom of Moon, there's no one to heal and restore the peace and balance. It's hard to say what will happen in the near future without them"

"Well there's no remaining members of the royal family, the only one we have is-"

"Lady Marinette? Do you think she can do it?"

"I believe in her, I know she can do it"

"Will she even forgive you for what you'll be asking of her? It's a bit too much even for someone with magic like hers"

"We have no choice, she's all we have left"

Adrien then opened the letter

"You must understand she's not just an item Prince Adrien, she'll be incredibly upset with you once she finds out what you had planned"

"There's no doubt about that, but I...I just hope she'll forgive me"

"Well I mean forgiveness runs in her family"

"Don't hit me with that card Nino"

Nino crossed his arms "Just read the letter Adrien"

He rolled his eyes and started reading the letter

'Greetings from the Kingdom of Sky,
It has come to our attention that you have not made much progress in bringing back the Kingdom of Moon. We have received word of your 'plan' and we suggest you execute it very soon, you wouldn't want to upset the Kingdom of Earth right?

Don't think I am not aware about what has been happening to your Kingdom. The people of your village have had many concerns that you have not been paying attention too which leads me to think that you have neglected them. Is it so hard to be future king and taking care of your people? Tsk you are much more disappointing than your father. I know you usually send someone there in disguise to help them but I want you to take matters into your own hands and check up on the villagers yourself since you have failed to do that with the excuse of "preparing to be king is too hard"

I suggest you bring the girl, you know who I'm talking about

She can help you, that I am sure of

Do not disappoint us Prince Adrien of Sun

You are our last hope

-Sky'

"What the-Why is the Kingdom of Sky suddenly so aggressive towards you!?"

"Maybe they think I won't make a good king"

"If being unorganized, indecisive and irresponsible is what you've been doing then I totally agree with them"

"You are my most trusted royal adviser and secretary Nino, when it comes from you you know it hurts more"