One

Estelle.

Romancing against the tide of time.

Was what it said on the paper, with a rhombus consisting of lines that were curved inwards in replacement of 't'.

Wait a minute. Nathan Atlas Crosby?

Estelle?

I felt my jaw drop.

Though it was a young company, it was well beyond its reputation of prestige. In fact, ever since I got immersed into jewelry designing, it has been my dream to work there one day. But, after countless of failed attempts to secure a placing before graduation, I decided to move on with my life.

But still, here we are...to deliver lost documents.

Story of my life.

The thought of that placed me into a temporal depression as I could not decide whether it was a better decision to bang my head against the wall or bury myself into the floor.

As I headed straight into the main lobby, I was greeted by an environment that seemed too posh to be viewed as a commercial building; carrying a scent of extravagance that seemed to speak in a language of the elites.

"Welcome to Estelle, how may I help you?" A neatly attired receptionist greeted me from behind the desk, drawing my attention to her brightly worn lipstick that was too deplorable for me.

Must be a pain to conquer the mission of makeup every morning.

"Hello, I need to see Nathan Atlas Crosby."

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No," I continued, "But it will only take a jiffy. It's just a few papers that needs to be swapped," revealing the stack of sheets that were neatly placed in a folder with the company's name visibly displayed.

"I see," she nodded politely before reaching for the phone, "please give me a moment while I verify his vacancy."

"Sure!"

"How may I address you?" Her fingers fumbled through the buttons while pushing the device against her ear.

"Ava Winters." With just a nod, she then began to entertain the person on the other side of the call.

"Is Mr. Crosby available?" She asked, pausing momentarily, "well, there is a lady here, Miss Winters, who is requesting an exchange of documents."

Meanwhile, I was entertained by the groups of office workers strolling into the lobby after lunch hours, with huge smiles and occasional frowns that were evidently plastered on their faces as they babbled on about the latest office gossips.

Lucky people.

"Mmhmm...I see...Alright, thank you so much. Goodbye." Hanging up the phone, the receptionist withdrew a tag from the drawer and handed it over to me. "Please wear this visitor pass at all times. You are to tap it at the gantry to access the elevators."

"Thanks a bunch!" I proceeded to turn away before it hit me, "Erm..." the receptionist that had already returned to her work looked back at me with a smile etched on her face.

"Which floor am I supposed to exit?"

"Oh! It's the highest floor. Or you can just tap the card and the lift will automatically take you to your destination." She gleamed. I gave a nod before heading for the elevators.

As the numbers ascended, ushering me higher and higher through the building, a sense of anticipation stirred within, an eagerness that piqued my interest in what the CEO of Estelle would be.