28장

I always dreamed of having a date in a very romantic place where stars shine so bright, cold wind blowing against us while his arms protect me and keep me warm.

However, after all my fantasies my unexpected future brought me to a date where I study here in the library with a handsome and smart highschool boy in front of me.

But I'm not complaining though that this is our first date.

I low-key love the date with Taehyun.

And he also seems to like this kind of date cuz for the past few weeks he keeps on bringing me to the library.

Sometimes I don't even know if it's a date or we're just studying for the upcoming final exams.

"Okay 30 minutes break then we'll move to the next subject which is Math." Taehyun says while closing his music and art books.

I stretch my arms while making tiny sounds which made him chuckle and ruffle my hair.

One of the things I noticed about him lately is his new habit of being touchy, especially ruffling my hair.

Maybe it feels good for him since I'm too short for him. Our height is like he's the middle finger while I'm the ring finger

But what surprised me the most is when we decided to do our Korean History project together at the back of our classroom during class break.

As I lazily wrote my paragraph on the piece of bond paper a soft squeeze from my left cheek caught me by surprise.

I slowly turn my head to him while my eyes ask him why he did that.

"I'm just wondering which of you, Soobin hyung and Yeonjun hyung have the most squishy and soft cheeks."

My brows frown, out of a sudden he thought of that?

" and I think you beat both of them."

I opened my mouth to ask him if he's alright because he's acting weird but the teacher from the other class called him and excuse himself,

Because of that we never talked about his actions anymore.

_

"I'm glad to have a 30 minutes break but I'm not glad to have math next."

He packed up his books and so did I, to clear our table.

"Well you need to study math with me cuz your math sucks."

"I know." I said, raising both of my hands.

"Okay, I'll buy us drinks, what do you want?" He stood up from his seat and shove his hand in his pockets.

"Umm.. I'm fine with banana milk." I look up at him and gave him a small smile before he left to get us drink.

_

After a second Taehyun left, I saw Beomgyu enter the library. My eyes widened by the miracle I just saw.

His eyes roamed around the room and stopped once he saw me. I raised my hand and waved at him. He jogged his way to our table.

"Hey, Jinhee told me you're here with Taehyun." he said to me as he sat down.

"Yeah he was here but he went out to get us drinks. Anyway, what brings you here?" I ask.

"Well you've been with Taehyun lately..and.."

I cut his words, "ohh so you miss me?"

"pshh no I don't...okay maybe a little."

I chuckle, "me too I missed hanging out with you guys."

"So how are you and Jinhee?"

"I'm fine. Like I'm always with Hueningkai and Soobin. We always make fun of Soobin hyung."

"And Jinhee?"

"She's with Yeonjun hyung. As always." He bit his lip and looked at me with worries.

I gave him a smile, "I'm fine with them hanging out and stuff. As long as Jinhee is happy."

"And as long as you are happy with Taehyun. Everything in our friendship will be fine." Beomgyu continues my sentence.

I stared at him and a brilliant idea came out of my head, "hey what if all seven of us hangout after the final exam?"

Beomgyu's eyes widened, "That would be so fun!"

"What fun?" Beomgyu and I looked up and saw Taehyun standing at my side.

"We are just wondering if we could hang out after the finals." Beomgyu said.

"Who's in?" Taehyun asked.

"I hoped all five of the music club could join plus Jinhee and I."

"So are you in? Cuz I'm so into it that I wished we could skip the final exams." Beomgyu said with so much excitement.

Taehyun faced me and ask, "are you?"

"Of course I'm in. I'm the one who thought of that idea."

"I'll try." Taehyun answered. Beomgyu and I looked at each other knowing that Taehyun hardly have fun outside the school.

"Okay I'll talk to others while you two study well. See you guys!" We waved at Beomgyu as he left the library.

Taehyun handed me my banana milk and thanked him. I watched his actions and he's now silent.

He was about to take out his math book until I grabbed his wrist. "Hey, do you want me to your father?"

He looked at me surprised, "Aera you don't have to do that. I'll talk to him."

I scoff, "We both know that will never work."

I may sound bad but that's the truth. His father can't always decide his son's life. It's like Taehyun is his puppet.

After all the achievements Taehyun received because of his hard work and his obedience to his father, he deserves to have freedom.

"You deserve so much Taehyun and I'm trying to give you that. Let me talk to him, at least he knows whose with you.

I'll talk to him so he can trust me, just like how you trust me." I smile at him.

He sighed, "fine I'll let you talk to him. But first let's study math."

"Cuz my (your) math sucks." We both said it at the same time and laughed quietly.

_

While studying Taehyun remember what Aera said to her earlier,

"You deserve so much Taehyun and I'm trying to give you that."

He looked at his right and saw Aera with her brows frown, confused at the math equation.

He thought that the girl beside him is enough and more to prize all of the years of his hard work.

Taehyun softly squeezed Aera's left cheek. She looked at him surprised, "hey what was that for?"

He chuckles and answers, "I never thought someone would look cute when they struggle in their math."

-je♡
[ I think this is one of my favorite chapters ^^ ]