Chapter 39

Jungkook was stunned. As the wind howled in the cold night, he continued to walk in steps. He almost thought he had heard her wrong. He cut the nails and cut off the iron so he decisively answered, "No."

Now, how could he still be willing to kill her? He wished she had no worries or illness.

Jungkook hugged the person in his arms more tightly, as if unintentionally, "Why do you suddenly ask?"

It was still cool in the evening. Lisa suddenly felt her arms were very warm. She nestled in his arms. Her mood was still a little low. "Nothing, I just asked."

Lisa thought it might be that he was too surprised. Jungkook didn't want to kill her. He seemed pretty good to her. As for the plot of the original book, she was reluctant to think about it. The more she thought about it, the more painful her brain was, it was better to let it go.

She still didn't plan to follow the plot line because it would hurt too many people, especially her obedient and pitiful four-year-old son.

But she didn't know if there were consequences for deviating away from the original book.

There must be a way to get there. Lisa comforted herself like this.

Jungkook held her waist tightly in his broad hands and murmured, "Don't think about anything."

Lisa nodded, but this time she listened to his words, "Okay."

Jungkook walked to the front of the palace with her in his arms. When the fireworks stopped, the officials scattered, and all of them went out of the palace together.

The third lady of the Song family was really famous. In addition, her father was a proud man in the court. Most people had heard of Lisa's right and wrong enmity with Jungkook, and many high spirited scholars mocked Jungkook in their hearts.

At that time when they saw him holding Lisa tenderly, for a while, they thought that the moon was misty. They wiped their eyes, but they did not see him wrong.

The woman in his arms was really beautiful.

The moonlight poured on her jade-like face. Her skin was white as snow, and her appearance was exquisite. Jungkook raised his hand without trace, and the wide sleeve blocked her face.

He quickened his pace, obviously eager to leave. But someone who didn't understand the vague atmosphere, went up and said hello to him, "Brother Jeon."

Jungkook nodded, "Lord Chen."

"Brother Jeon, why didn't I see you enjoying the fireworks? I also never seen your wife." Lord Chen had no malice. Recently, the sixth prince was in the limelight, and Jungkook was close to this prince. He was just trying to make a match.

Jungkook was always very kind to his colleagues. Even though his heart was disgusted, he still replied flatly, "My wife was not well, so she didn't go watch the fireworks."

"So it is." Lord Chen's eyes glanced at her, but the beauty was covered by Jungkook so tightly that he couldn't see anything. He smiled again and said, "I wonder if brother Jeon is free tomorrow? I have something to ask brother Jeon."

The emperor had been ill for several months. His appearance at today's banquet was not good. Everyone was guessing that the emperor would choose a prince in this period of time. But they didn't know who the prince in the emperor's heart was?

Tonight, he gave several marriages in one breath. The most prominent one was the sixth prince. In addition to the emperor's preference for the sixth prince these days, there were not a few people who were optimistic about this sixth prince.