Poor Unfortunate Souls

~Percy's point~

I swam out of the cave following Nico and the two eels. I didn't make it far before Luke came up to me.

"Percy I'm sorry it just slipped out, I didn't-" he paused to look at the eels.

"Who are these riff-raff and where are they taking you?" He demanded

"Their taking us to Nyx"

"Percy you can't! She's evil, She not safe!"

"Why not tell my father that? Know since you're so good at it"

"Percy I...." he sighed and followed saying no more. Grover swam up beside me and gave me a look that said you ok? And I just nodded at him.
We swam into the darker deeper part of the ocean, after a few minutes I saw a cave.

"This way" the two eels said swimming to the cave.

As we swam in I saw weird creatures covering the ground of the entrance.
They were brown and shriveled looking.

"Ah, come in children, lurking in the doorway like that is rude. One might question how you were raised. . . . Now, then. The two of you are here because you have a thing for humans. The, er, prince and princess. Not that I can blame you - they are quite the catch, aren't they? Well, angels, the solution to this problem of yours is simple. The only way you can get what you want - is for the two of you to become a humans yourselves.

"Wait, you can do that?" I asked

"Way Of course I can my dear child. that's what I do, it's all I live for. To help unfortunate people - like yourselves. Poor souls with no one else to turn to.

I admit that in the past I've been a nasty

They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch

But you'll find that nowadays
I've mended all my ways
Repented, seen the light, and made a switch
True? Yes.
And I fortunately know a little magic
It's a talent that I always have possessed
And dear lady, please don't laugh
I use it on behalf
Of the miserable, the lonely, and depressed (pathetic)

Poor unfortunate souls
In pain, in need
This one longing to be thinner
That one wants to get the girl
And do I help them?
Yes, indeed
Those poor unfortunate souls
So sad, so true
They come flocking to my cauldron
Crying, "Spells, Nyx, please!"
And I help them!
Yes I do

Now it's happened once or twice
Someone couldn't pay the price
And I'm afraid I had to rake 'em 'cross the coals
Yes I've had the odd complaint
But on the whole I've been a saint
To those poor unfortunate souls

Now, here's the deal. I will make you two a potion that will make you a human for three days. Got that? Three days. Now listen, this is the important part. Before the sun sets completely on the third day, you've got to get your dear ol' Lovers to fall in love with you. That is, they have to kiss you. But not just any kiss, it has to be a kiss of true love. If you are kissed before the sun sets on the third day, you'll remain human, permanently, but - if you aren't, you'll turn back, and then you'll belong to me.

"Don't do it!" Luke yelled before the eels covered his mouth.

"Well, do we have a deal?

If I become human, I'll never be able  to see or be with my father or brother again.

"But you'll have your girl, Life's just full of difficult choices, isn't it?"

"What-What if he doesn't like me? What if he's....." Nico stopped probably not wanting to say the rest out loud. He looked down  and started fidgeting with his fingers nervously.

"What if his not into guys?" She asked with a smirk and Nico nodded still focused on his hands.

"Oh trust me dear, that's not a problem. Oh, and there is one matter of  business.
I haven't told you what your payment is"

"But we don't-"

I'm not asking for a lot, just a token!
All I want from you is your voice.

"My voice? But without that, how can I-" I tried to asked but Nyx cut me off

"You'll still have your looks, your still have you pretty little face.
And never underestimate the importance of body language."

"At least without your voice you don't have to worry about saying anything stupid" Nico teased and Nyx laughed a little

Come on you poor unfortunate souls
Go ahead!
Make your choice!
I'm a very busy woman and I haven't got all day
It won't cost much
Just your voice!
You poor unfortunate souls
It's sad but true
If you want to cross the bridge, my sweet
You've got the pay the toll
Take a gulp and take a breath
And go ahead and sign the scroll

She made a scroll appear out of thin air along with something to write with.

Thanatos, Eris, now I've got them, kids
The boss is on a roll
Those poor unfortunate souls

I signed my name on the scroll. Then Nico did the same. the scroll and what we sighed with vanished.

She began to throw a bunch of stuff into a cauldron.

Beluga sevruga
Come winds of the Caspian Sea
Larengix glaucitis
Et max laryngitis
La voce to me

"Now, sing!" She said and we both began to harmonize

"Keep singing!" She yelled. I looked at two Necklaces she was wearing. One was a golden shell and the other was silver and as we sang a hand came out of both the one from the golden shell reached into my throat, while the silver reached into Nico's. When they pulled out they took our voices with them and went back into the shells.

Nyx laughed as she turned and went over the her cauldron. When she came back she had two bottles and she handed us each one.

"I'd suggest you take them closer to the surface, the pressure down here will just kill you" she continued to laughed as we left the cave