Chapter 6

n̶͇͆̉̀̓̈́͂͋͘ͅo̴͔̬͖̪̭̤̿̆͑̽̈ ̷̺̺̤̬͉̮͚͙̐į̴͚̖̦̳̱̣̺̉̃̿͒͒̏̃̊͝͝ḍ̸͙͎̣̞͛͗͘͠͠ȇ̶͙̲̝̳̗̩͓̻͕̂̃̒̆̿̏a̵̛̟̟̰̼̻̬̱̠͔̠͂̈̋

_______________________

Y/N shifted on her side with Harry besides her. When they arrived where the Champions were at, Cedric being the first to approach Y/N and gave her a worried look when she hesitantly told him she's part of the tournament. It is present on her tone that she's also confused herself.

They stood there in silence waiting for the adults to come get them. Y/N tapping her finger on one of the trophies to keep herself calm, Harry gave her a couple of side glances from time to time. They weren't that close to comfort each other. Harry being the awkward teenage boy he is, fidgets with the parchment Dumbledore gave him with his name and Y/N's on it.

"This is mad, Dumbledore" A muffled voice said, multiple quick footsteps echoing all throughout the room. Y/N kept her eyes glued to the floor tuning out the discussions and protests happening in front of her.

What a great way to have as a welcome back gift.

"Harry, Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

"No sir" He responded getting frightened at the people circling him.

"Did you asked one of the oldest students do it for you?"

"No sir."

"Are you absolutely sure?"

"Yes sir" Harry stopped breathing at that point as Dumbledore looked at him directly in the eyes for a second.

Y/N just stood at the back quietly while having a staring contest with the floor.

"But of course he is lying!" Madame Maxime yelled slapping the lamp away from her face.

As they converse with a mix of yelling, Cedric shuffled to Y/N's side nudging her. She looked up, her pale face greeting the boy's worried ones.

"Are you okay?"

Y/N nodded looking down again, thinking of a resolve to get her out of the competition.

"Mr. Potter and Ms. (Y/L/N) has no choice. They are as of tonight a triwizard champion–" Barty said, the crowd parted ways to stare at the two stunned fourth years.

"–Since their names are in the paper together, both of them will be facing the tasks together...as a team."

Y/N's blood turned cold at that announcement. Harry as a teammate is a death wish. The boy is a magnet for bad things to happened. With (Y/N) who is prone to accidents, they're a bad match to be working together.

"I'm going to die." Y/N said under breath.

They were dismissed after the clue was given for the first task. On the way to the Common room, Y/N practically dragged herself to a long walk alone. Wind rushing through the corridors made the girl shiver and looked paler than she was down the trophy room.