Chapter 13

"Father," Y/N greeted, her face looking grim as she stares at her father, but not making any eye contact.

Her grip on Hermione tightens which the Gryffindor found confusing.

Y/F/N looked at Hermione up and down with a raised eyebrow before turning to Y/N with a smirk.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend, daughter?"

Y/N steps forward pulling Hermione behind her back discreetly, and gave her father a tight smile.

"This is Hermione, my . . . friend. We're just about to head out to get some fresh air." Y/N answered lowly. Her eyes glaring through her father's skull.

Y/F/N caught a glimpse of Hermione wearing a red beanie making his smile falter. Nevertheless, he extended his hand towards the Gryffindor.

"Y/F/N, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Hermione has to keep herself calm, her finally meeting her favorite author can make her feel giddy. She shakes hand with him, smiling widely. That smile however changed to an expression that something hurt her.

She retracted her hand and saw her blood dripping down.

Y/N instantly took her hand and examined it. Having to aid herself in an early age has its perks.

"Sorry," Y/F/N laughed as he puts up his hand showing a ring, "I forgot my wedding right had spikes."

"We have to go now, Father. It was nice running into you." Y/N sneered, her eyes finally meeting his. Y/F/N took a step back when a tint of red appeared around her pupils, but it changed back to its nirmal color when she looked away towards Hermione.

"Yes, of course. We'll talk again soon." Y/F/N was first to walk out of the place.

Y/N released a breath she didn't know she was holding in the first place. "Come on, Let's go back, hm?" She escorted Hermione out still holding her bleeding hand with care.

._.

Two days after Hermione met Y/N's father. Harry woke up just in time before the yule ball. Even though he wasn't allowed to get put of bed until then, Y/N filled him up with everything he missed.

Ron was avoiding Y/N, but at least he's visiting Harry whenever she's not around.

With Y/N being dateless, and was required to bring one for being a champion. She has to find one, fast. Everyone's getting unavailable in a rapid pace, making Y/N regret for declining almost dozens of students who asked her before.

But everyone happens to have a hero. Thank the heavens Cedric asked her about her date, and after knowing she doesn't have one he asked her out as a friend.

"Aren't you going with Cho?" She asked, confused.

Cedric chuckled awkwardly, "She said she wanted to go with her friend. You know, to get to know him better."

Y/N gaped at him in disbelief, "You're letting your girlfriend go out with someone else?"

"I mean, it's just a friendly date. What's the harm in that." Cedric shrugged, pickings up a stone from the ground and then throwing it towards the lake.

"And you're not jealous, at all?"

"No," He answered, "Why would I?"