Chapter 12

"This isn't it." Millie said, turning left and right to get a good view of the dress she's trying on.

Y/N groaned out of boredom while the girls kept on changing outfits for the who knows how many times already.

"I agree, that dress looks a bit obnoxious, don't you think?" Pansy asked Zendaya, who is zoning out besides Y/N.

Y/N nudged her side and nodded her head towards Pansy.

"Huh?" She looked at them confused. Y/N whispered what Pansy asked her and immediately landed her eyes on Millie who's standing uncomfortably in front of the mirror.

"Oh, yeah, you look like a fifty year old hag in that dress. Best if you don't wear it because it doesn't suit you at all." Zendaya said plainly without any hesitancy or given it any thought.

"Good God," Y/N coughed harshly hiding her laughter underneath, "We need to censor your mouth."

Millie wasn't fazed at Zendaya's comment because she's already used to it. Being friends with them has it perks, like everyone being straightforward and honest.

"We have time," Daphne said carrying tons of dresses to try.

"I don't." Y/N said, standing up from her seat and stretched her limbs.

The girls looked at her confused.

"Where do you think you're going?" Millie asked looking at Y/N through the mirror with a brow raised.

Y/N simply shrugged, "Somewhere undetectable and where you guys couldn't reach me."

Everyone just gave her a scolding look with Zendaya flipping her off behind the head.

"Too early?" Y/N laughed nervously, "Yeah, right, sorry."

Pansy looked at her expectantly, wishing that she doesn't have to leave them. All Y/N could give them is a smile while scratching the back of her head.

"I'm going to meet up with Hermione to talk about Harry, and the next task."

Zendaya and Millie gave each other knowing looks and smirk while the rest looks confused, specially Pansy.

"Well, then you mustn't keep the lady waiting. Begone you fool, we'll see each other later for dinner." Zendaya exclaimed pushing Y/N out of the store.

Pansy was about to pull Y/N back, but hesitated as she stands there besides Daphne who's sorting out the dresses. She watched Y/N walk out until she's nowhere in sight anymore. A deep sigh left her mouth, and smiled at the girl like nothing happened.

._.

Y/N sat across from Hermione, holding her mug with half-full of hot chocolate.

"We visited Harry yesterday, all Madame Pomfrey said was that there's a chance Harry wouldn't be able to wake up for a few weeks." Hermione said looking down on her gloved hand. "But he's getting better at least."

"That's good. I suspect his head is fully healed then?" Y/N asked and took a sip from her mug while looking at Hermione.

Hermione hummed, not feeling well all of the sudden. The door opened and greeted the two with a cold wind. Y/N shivered pulling her hot chocolate near her body for warmth, since she's facing her back from the door.

There was silence between them. An unknown barrier making the air feel so thin. Y/N and Hermione's relationship is either going up or down because of their differences, most importantly their houses.

Half of the Gryffindors blamed Y/N for Harry's injuries, saying that she intentionally let the dragon throw him across the arena. She wasn't fazed by it at all, because she knows what happened and she's already used to their bullying by now.

Nevertheless, the two managed to keep their friendship or whatever they call it intact despite their house rivalries.

Y/N was about to ask who Hermione is going with to the ball when a familiar voice made her whole body freeze.

That can't be, she thought. Her breath hitched and got stuck behind her throat. Hermione was saying something, probably asking if she's okay. No, she wasn't. She was far from it. That voice, the owner of it is there.

"Y/N? Hey, Are you okay?" Hermione repeated, debating whether she'll approach her or not. The Slytherin didn't answer, but she caught something on her neck that moved. She swore she saw something black that's patched on her skin. When she blinked it wasn't there, maybe her brain is playing tricks with her?

Y/N didn't move, not even an inch from where she was sitting. Alcmene is talking to her, trying to keep her contained. She was panicking inside her head, afraid someone would see her vulnerable, and that person was him.

Hermione looked around starting to think of asking for help, but her eyes landed on a man by the bar. He looked familiar as if she already saw him before.

"Don't worry Minister, I got this under control." He said.

"I know you do, Y/L/N." The Minister said looking pleased as they shake hands.

It's Y/N's father!, Hermione thought and looked at the said girl excitedly. It looks like she's still a fan of her father's work.

"Y/N, isn't that your dad?" She asked nodding towards the man.

Y/N didn't respond, instead she stood up and grabbed Hermione's hand then led her towards the exit. She couldn't afford Hermione meeting her father. Knowing how he'll react when he . . .

No, she's not going to let that happen. Not on her watch.

Y/N has the doorknob on her hand, all she has to do is turn it and leave. But it looks like the universe wants her to suffer. She lets out a shaky breath when he called. Her hand holding Hermione's a little bit tighter than before.

"Y/N, My daughter! Aren't you going to greet your old man?"