Chapter 9

The first task was undeniably ridiculous and dangerous.

Harry, being thrown against the wall head first, ended up being unconscious for a full week. His condition spread around Hogwarts like wildfire.

Y/N on the other hand is walking blindly with her glasses being crushed into pieces. Pansy helped her on every class she shared with the brunette.

With Y/N having a nearsighted vision is oblivious to the looks the students are giving her. Having the help of her Slytherin friends they backed off. The reason they're more scared than ever is because of the Dragon she semi-killed.

"Here's your pudding, Y/N." Cedric said sitting besides her on the Slytherin table.

"Thanks." Y/N squinted her eyes at the boy and smiled.

Cedric and her Slytherin friends shared a look having a conversation with their eyes. They all silently agreed to not tell the girl about the current situation she's in yet.

All of them knew the pile of school work the girl is facing. Even though she's a champion, she's not excluded from all the work everyone in her year are doing.

"I thought your new glasses are suppose to arrive today? Mother said she's going to send it as soon as she got the same pair you used." Draco said.

"Wish it'll arrive soon. I'm so done bumping into people." Y/N mumbled taking a spoon full of pudding.

Pansy sighed as the bell rang indicating lunch is finished. She helped Y/N walking out the Great Hall clinging into her arm as they avoid the flooding students in the corridor.

"I have Potions today, Y/N. Are you sure you can walk to DADA alone?" Pansy asked. Y/N nodded giving her a reassuring smile.

"I'm fine, Pans. I have legs plus I'm not blind you know. My eyesight is just blurry."

"But –"

"No, seriously I'm fine. You've helped me enough as it is. My classroom is further than yours in the dungeons. I'll manage, so stop worrying." She laughed patting Pansy's head. A blush appeared on her cheek which she didn't bother to hide sensing Y/N couldn't see it.

"Okay, I'll see you later. Be careful alright? I don't want you slamming into things like Potter."

"I will, I will now go. You'll be late, woman." Y/N chuckled. Pansy stood up in her tiptoes and kissed Y/N on the cheek.

"Bye!"

Pansy dashed out of sight leaving a flustered Y/N in the middle a almost deserted hallway.

Y/N opened a door with her eyes squinted. The room is almost full, walking in front of the room she saw a vacant seat with a Gryffindor. She sighed and sat down besides her.

"Fuck this." She mumbled as she scratch her eyes with her right hand.

The bushy-haired girl looked at Y/N in concern. Debating whether she ask her if she's okay or not. She's about to open her mouth when Professor Moody walked in the room.

"Stand up! Put your things on the side and wands out." He grunted stomping his way in front of the room. With a swish of his wand the tables are pushed aside.

Y/N stumbled on something and felt someone grasp her elbows.

"Are you okay?"

She knows that voice all too well already. Y/N chuckled and shakes her head.

"Embarrassing." Alcmene said in her head.

"Shut up."

"Yeah, I'm alright. Thanks." Y/N smiled at her.