Chapter 8

Y/N sat at the courtyard with the letter her Father sent to her. How unfortunate that this is the day he decided to get in touch with her. Y/N's in her green uniform for the first task and the castle is almost deserted.

She couldn't think straight anymore, nor did she pay any mind the lines creeping up from her forearm.

Y/N

If this letter reached you just in time for the first task. I just want you to know, don't embarrass our name. It's time for you to use the trainings I gave you and put it in to good use. The tournament is going to be the whole wizarding communities' gossip and I don't want you ruining my reputation by losing in this event.

Do everything it takes to win. Throw Potter under the bus for all I care. Just win this tournament and I'll welcome you back happily with wide arms.

From: Y/F/N (Y/L/N)

Y/N pointed her wand at the parchment and it went up in flames. She couldn't care less if she loses, all she wants to keep safe is her well being and finish the tournament alive.

She went to the place where the first task is suppose to happen with her blood cold as ice. No, she's not dead. That's because with the moon phase and her emotional limit went through the line, Y/N's entire body went numb. It's not like her typical symptoms of magical outbursts her body is making, but with all the stress and how her body is in that state nothing good ever happens to people who'll loose control of themselves and go autopilot.

Harry was standing by the tent flaps waiting anxiously for Y/N to arrive. She's going to be late at that point if she doesn't arrive anytime soon.

He walked towards Cedric who's looking nauseated and about to throw up. He had to tap his shoulders to get his attention.

"Have you seen, Y/N? She's nowhere to be seen earlier at the Great Hall and on the way here."

Cedric shakes his head 'no' and covered his face with his hands. Harry forced an exhaled and decided to look for her himself. When he's about to open the flaps, Y/N arrived with her face looking as if she's about to create an arson.

Harry sighed in relieved as he fixes his glasses. "Y/N! I thought you abandoned me for a second there. Wait- are you alright? You look. . . pale."

Y/N didn't respond instead she walked past him and sat down on one of the benches in the middle of the tent. Harry kept himself calm, though his face says otherwise. He's sweating and more paler than Y/N was at that moment.

The girl just flipped her wand through her fingers as she stares into nothing. Alcmene keeps on reminding her to use her powers to lessen the burning sensation on her skin that is affecting the snake patched in her forearm.

"Champions! gather 'round here, if you please!"

Dumbledore walked in the middle of the tent with the other adults supervising the the tournament. Y/N stood up besides Harry, clearly oblivious the bushy-haired girl standing besides him.

"Today is the day for your first task, now, I hope all of you have plan and ready for what you are about to face."

Dumbledore looked at everyone and landed his eyes at Hermione, confused.

"What are you doing here, Miss Granger?"

Y/N turned her head slightly and saw her holding Harry's bicep. Her face flushed and ducked her head down in embarrassment.

"Right- uhh- sorry, Excuse me." She backed away and headed towards the exit. Y/N's eyes followed her every movement with an uneasy feeling in her stomach. Hermione doubled-back and walked towards Y/N and gave her a quick hug catching the Y/H/C-haired girl off guard.

"Goodluck." She whispered on her ear and ran out off the tent. Y/N froze on her spot at the gesture, her cheeks turning slightly pink. Harry nudged her to turn her focus on the Headmaster who is speaking.

"– don't worry, because someone is there to rescue you're unable to continue the match."

"Champions, around me, thank you." Crouch called out.

They circled the man in the middle, Y/N being in the middle of Cedric and Harry. The man held out a small bag and cleared his throat.

"Miss Delacour, If you will"

Y/N watched her in confusion as to why they're putting their hands in the bag. She turned to Harry who's looking white as snow. Deciding to ask Cedric but he was called next.

He pulled out a dragon and placed it in his palm. Y/N's eyes brightened at awe. She was about to poke the little creature but Harry pulled her sleeves back.

"–This leaves you two. . ."

Harry gave Y/N a look to take the thing out off the bag which she did gladly. She pulled out her hand back with a little, angry, dark brown spiky dragon.

"The Hungarian Horntail."

Y/N tuned them out and petted the Dragon on her palm. It bit her which caused her to retract her hand quickly and laughed at herself.

" — Mr. Diggory, you're up first. Goodluck, Champions!"

She turned to the taller boy besides her and punched him weakly for encouragement.

"Don't worry, You can do it. Just remember our bet, Diggory!"

Cedric nodded and patted her back before walking out to the arena.

"So just like we planned?" Harry asked, pacing in front of Y/N, who on the other hand is sitting relaxed on the bench.

All her anger and situation she was earlier was long forgotten, though the lines are still there.

"Yeah, Stay alive alright? I don't want to finish this tournament alone."

Harry lets out a shaky breath and jumped when the cannon was shot indicating the battle just finished.

Y/N stood up and gripped her wand tightly. "Come on, Potter. Let's show them how good you are at flying with a dragon chasing your tail."

It was a disaster.

Harry was able to summon his firebolt but he was knocked out moment later when the dragon's tail hits him and sent him flying on the wall. Y/N hid behind a large rock. She had the egg under her grasp but she fell when she was running back to the tent.

The egg is just across from her but the Dragon is searching everywhere for the second intruder that wanted to take her egg.

Y/N sighed and peeked on the side of the rock, the dragon is spitting fire everywhere.

"Fuck it" She mumbled.

She stood up and ran towards the egg. The dragon heard her footsteps and attacked her using its tail. Y/N dropped down, her glasses falling to who knows where.

"Shit."

Y/N threw a blinding charm to the dragon and ducked down when its wings almost slit her head off. A collective gasps were heared when it hits Y/N's cheeks up to her eyebrows.

"This is why I hate children." She groaned slipping to the right as the dragon started to rampage blindly.

"At first they're cute, but then the second they grow up they become absolute gits."

Invisible to the crowds' eyes, black smoke started to come off Y/N's hands. She couldn't make it out what it was, guessing it's just blood she pointed her wand at the dragon and sent a stunning spell hitting its face. To Y/N, she thought the dragon was paralyzed because it stopped moving. Blood gushed down her face, as she got ahold of the egg and ran for her life.