𝟗

˚ ༘✶ 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐋~!⋆。˚

"this is ruby lane," josh tells us all, pointing at — what seems like an old — newspaper

"she's the girl who attacked you two."

simon pick up the paper, muttering a 'woah' as we look at the girl on the cover.

"she sang as she murdered her friends, boyfriend, and then herself. she slashed her wrist," i wince at josh's words, peeking at simon's bracelets for a moment.

"jesus, why didn't i see this on the news?" kate asks josh.

"because it happened 30 years ago, in '65!"

"a resurrected possessed hot girl, got it"i mutter, kate looking at me oddly.

"she's right," simon whispers loudly.

"ruby is one of shadyside's killers," josh continues, ignoring our conversation.

"just like skull mask," he slams a photo of ryan torres on the table.

"i mean, ryan torres. but look, 16 years ago, 1978. mad psycho murders a bunch of camp — nightwing. yea, my mom's sister was there. it stirred my family up for a long time," kate interrupts, looking at the newspaper.

"why are they all hot?" simon mutters.

"1950, harry rooker. local milkman slashes a bunch of housewives. 1935, humpty dumpty killer, 1922, billy barker."

"god, a kid with a baseball bat. i would kick the son of a bitch on the ground, steal his bat, and run," i try to lighten the situation with a joke, only receiving a few giggles from kate.

"1904, the grifter guts girls, and so on," josh finishes. i wouldn't survive a day in 1904, then.

"it happens on and on, normal people turn into psychos."

"jesus, look at this guy," simon holds up a newspaper.

"that's the pastor, cyrus miller. 1666, the first one reported. he killed kids and cut out their eyes."

sam then got up, looking green and pale, running to the kitchen as deena followed her.

"none of this is random! it's sarah fier, she's turning shadysider's into killers," josh tells me, my brother, and kate.

"are you sure? i mean, if she's dead then what would she profit off of killing and possessing people after 300 years," i reason with him, kate pointing at me in agreement.

"yeah, no one actually believes this witch shit is real," kate shrugs, starting to stand up.

"yeah, it's some stupid shit babysitter's make up to scare kids," my brother says, getting up with kate as i follow.

"no, no, just listen to me! in 1666, sarah fier was hanged for witchcraft. fact. and ever since then, she's been possessing and killing people to get revenge on the town."

"it's like the nursery rhyme," i start, looking back down at all the papers spread on the table.

"before the witches final breath, she found a way to cheat her death, by cutting of her cursed hand, she kept her grip upon our land. she reaches from beyond the grave to make good men her wicked slave," kate and i recite, looking back up at josh.

"yes, exactly! can't you see what's happening to us? this is all proof! shadyside isn't just some hotbed for psychos. all these massacres are connected by sarah fier. the witches curse is real."

i still didn't believe it.

"okay, well let's assume the witch has been possessing people for some sort of messed up vendetta. this isn't the same as the mall massacre, something different is happening to us. something way worse. okay? we have two killers after us, and targeting y/n. why is she so mad at us?" kate asks.

"i saw her," sam interrupts, her and deena walking back to the living room.

"i saw the witch."