𝟒

˚ ༘𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝟑~!˚ ༘✶

y/n found out that earlier that day, sarah was exposed for wickedness in front of union

whatever she had done couldn't have been as bad as what y/n and lizzie had.

and now there was commotion around church.

"what's going on?" y/n frantically asked her brother,

"it's pastor, he locked the children in the church," issac responds, turning to his sister,

"i'm surprised he didn't take you."

"i'm only a year younger than you, issac," y/n defends, watching as solomon grabs a pitchfork.

"solomon?"

"stay here," he instructs, walking into the quiet building and shutting the door, ignoring the pleas of parents that were worried about their children.

eventually, they got the door open, and once they were in, they screamed. their screams were loud and filled with horror, and deep sadness.

and in the midst of the screams, y/n heard sarah and abbi's.

she gasped, stepping forward to see what was happening before he was pulled back by issac,

"y/n, i know you, you wouldn't be able to stomach that. it'd haunt your dreams," issac says, pulling her in his hold, leading her to their home.

y/n, lizzie, sarah, and hannah all peaked through the small window that allowed them to see into the church. they listened as the members of union discussed the wickedness being passed around the settlement.

"i saw some little lambs of our town.. laughing, dallying on the full moon last!" mad thomas calls, and y/n felt a wave of worry wash through her.

what if solomon wasn't the only one who had seen her and lizzie?

"some of us were in the woods, but there was no.. we drank apple jack, we danced. we are young. this is not a crime!" issac protests, looking down when a chorus of 'you have sinned' came his way.

"look upon your children, for they will bear the devil's mark!" mad thomas shouts.

"at least i'm not home, my mother would be tearing my clothes apart trying to find a devil's mark," lizzie says, holding her arms close to her chest for comfort.

"just as my brother solomon heroically expelled the darkness among us, by killing our afflicted pastor, we too will punish and surmount this evil!" alderman declares, slamming his hand down on the podium as he received cheers of agreement,

""as survivors, our faces always will remain towards the sun."

"this scourge enters on union proper, i've searched the woods. it does not extend beyond the settlement," a man calls, hearing people whisper among themselves, "it's here, it's in union!"

"we are being punished, and i have a list of names!" he shouts, slamming down a piece of paper as people cheer and throw their fists in the air.

"enough! enough!" solomon interrupts, looking to the now quiet crowd,

"listen to yourselves! speculation, chasing shadows, imagined curses! i ask.. do you have proof?" solomon points to the man, watching him open his mouth, and then close it when he doesn't have an answer.

"no. or you?" he asks mad thomas,

"or any of you?"

"i have proof!" caleb announces, causing everyone to look towards him,

"it was some nights back when the full moon had risen just beside the sun. as i lay sleeping, she came to me. she witched me, and led me to the woods, she was naked. and riding a red mule," caleb calls, immediately the four girls knew he meant hannah, the loser was too much of a sore loser to give up that easily.

"the red mule became a horned man. and she made me watch as she laid with the devil."

"who? who was it?"

solomon was tempted to interrupt, throw caleb right on his ass and away from the podium, as he only knew of y/n and lizzie's acts, and had promised y/n he'd protect her.

"as both of them laid with the devil."

"both of them?" alderman questions.

"hannah miller and sarah fier!" caleb calls, watching thomas spring up.

"and i saw lizzie schmidt, and y/n kalivoda!"

"lies," solomon accuses, throwing thomas to the ground.

"you know it is not, hence why you're so defensive," thomas accuses, hearing gasps and shrieks from mrs. miller.

y/n gasped, grabbing lizzie's hand as she backed up, snapping a branch under her foot.

everyone looked to the window from the sound,

"witches! capture them!"