Chapter 1

Hi, I'm glad you picked out this story. Be kind enough to let me know if you see this book under someone else's name. This book belongs to me exclusively and I'm gonna sue whoever plagiarizes it. That aside, please grab a cup of coffee and enjoy this masterpiece.

**OLIVIA'S POV**

I step out of my white Rolls Royce and watch the driver speed off to the parking lot. I look up at the massive glass building in front of me and smile at the large 'HARRISON HOMES' at the top of the building. My building. All mine. I looked at the floor and equally smiled at the huge 'HH' on it. I saw workers and clients going in and out and walked in as well.

"Good morning Miss Harrison." The guards at the entrance greeted me. I nodded and walked in. As always, I could hear a series of 'good morning Miss Harrison' from everyone who walked past me. I kept a straight face and nodded at all of them. I had gotten used to this so their greetings didn't mean anything to me. I could feel the festivity in the air. It reminded me that Thanksgiving was just around the corner. I walked past everyone and smiled inwardly as they focused on their job. No one wanted to lose their job this holiday. Good.

I walked into my private glass elevator and pressed the button to the fiftieth floor. I enjoyed the beautiful scenery of New York during my ride up. The moment the doors opened on my floor, my very devoted but chatty personal assistant, Ashley Hamper, handed me a cup of espresso. "Good morning Miss Harrison."

"Ashley." I replied and the moment the cup touched my lip, she started reading out my activities for the day. I walked past the reception on my floor and Paul, the receptionist, greeted me as well. I swear, I hear over a thousand 'Good morning Miss Harrison' in a day. Ashley walked past me and opened the door of my office. She picked up the remote to open the curtains making the room even brighter. I took off my fur coat and handed it to her so she could put it in its designated position. I then walked over to my sole Italian glass table and sat down, Ashley sitting across from me.

She pushed a box of chocolate in front of me with a note on it and I raised my brows. She smiled. "That is from Mr. Loman. He dropped it on his way to work." She explained.

It made me smile. Travis is so sweet. He's the best best friend in the world. I opened the note and smiled at his work. 'HAVE AN AWESOME DAY, "MISS HARRISON". I'LL CALL YOU LATER.' I chuckled, picturing him calling me 'Miss Harrison'.

"You know, Miss Harrison, Mr. Loman is so sweet. I'm still wondering why you two didn't get married instead." Ashley said, making my smile wipe off my face. What did I say earlier? She talks too much.

I raised my perfectly carved brows at her. "First of all, Ashley, Travis has a wife. We're just best friends. Secondly, it's not your damn business. I don't pay you to pry. And thirdly, prepare the conference room for my meeting, will you?"

She nodded, apologized, and scurried off my office. I shake my head and sigh. The only reason why I still haven't fired her is that she's the daughter of my grandma's good friend. Plus aside from her being chatty, she's good at her job. Talking about grandma, I press the intercom and call for Ashley to come back. I could see her and Paul from my office but they couldn't see me. However, with just my finger on the controller, I could make the view blurry when I didn't want to see them and focus on my work. I turned around in my chair and looked out through the floor-length window. I heard the door open and Ashley's voice. "You called, Miss Harrison."

I turned around and faced her. "Set up a doctor's appointment for my grandma at 11 AM," I told her. Grandma had to go to the hospital every month for her check-up.

" Is Mrs. Harrison down with the flu too? Cause my grandma is ill." Asley butted in. I shut my eyes in frustration and leaned on my chair. She got the hint of my annoyance. "Sorry, Miss Harrison. I'll just go set up the appointment." She said and walked away. Good grief! I don't know how I cope with this girl.

I shrugged the thought of Ashley away and focused on work. I had a lot of files to sign and meetings to attend. Being the owner of the biggest real estate agency in the country had its side effects. I was so engulfed in conference calls, meetings, and projects that I didn't even have time to eat. I just stuffed on the chocolate Travis sent to me. I had sent him a message earlier to thank him and said I will call him when I'm at home. There was a lot of work to be done and I needed all projects closed before Christmas so I could give my workers a long holiday. They had been so efficient all year and we had succeeded in selling more houses than normal. Dad was wise in choosing to start up a real estate business. It was so profitable and I enjoyed my work. Making people live in their dream houses was enough for me.

I looked at the time and realized I still had an hour in the office. I was so hungry. I called grandpa to inquire if grandma went to the hospital and he confirmed it. They even went together. My grandparents are so sweet. They are the best. Sometimes, I envy them. They're so in love and I wonder if I can ever find such love. But who am I kidding? I can't have that. I can only end up wishing for it, nothing more. They told me they were cooking dinner so I better go home early. If I was thankful for anything in the world right now, it would be them. They made my boring and lonely life feel better and brighter. Ever since my parents died, eight years ago, they relocated from California and came down to New York so they could be with me. They supported me and are still very supportive. They're the only family I have left. I don't know anything about my maternal grandparents. I never even heard of them. I'm satisfied with my paternal grandparents. I then diverted my attention back to work and when it was time to go home, my driver picked me up.

****

"This is so delicious, gramps." I said to my grandfather. "I still don't know how you guys make raw food edible." I joked and we all laughed.

Grandma wiped her mouth with a napkin. "It's just cause you're busy with work, your grandfather and I will love to teach you how to cook before you get married." She said. I inwardly groan. Grandma always brings up this topic in stylish ways.

"C'mon, sweetheart, you do not work during the weekend. We can teach you." Grandpa added. "Unless you wanna start working on Saturdays and Sundays."

I playfully roll my eyes. "What now? Are you guys sending me away from my own house?"

They both chuckled. "Not that, baby. But we want to see you happy. We want to see you happy without us in the picture. We want to see you get married. We want to see our great-grandkids before it's too late." Grandma said, placing her hands on my cheeks.

I tensed up. They still don't know. No one knew about it except my late mom.

"What is it, honey? You look pale all of a sudden." Grandpa said.

I forced a smile and shook my head. "It's nothing, gramps. Let's just enjoy this delicious steak and forget about me learning how to cook. I don't even want to learn how to do it." I said and diverted all my attention to my plate. "That's why I have a chef."

They both got the hint and enjoyed a quiet dinner. They enjoyed a quiet dinner. I didn't. How could I enjoy my dinner when they brought it up?

****

After dinner, I went up to my room. The moment I walked in, my 'home girl' started talking. *"Welcome back Miss Harrison".*

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Homegirl, you already said that an hour ago when I got back from work."

*"Well I'm programmed to make you feel comfortable whenever you come in."*

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "Yeah right," I said and got in bed, grabbing the curtain controller and shutting the curtains so the room could be dark. I also dimmed the lights. I looked at the time. It wasn't too late to call Travis so I called him. He answered on the third ring and we spoke for about ten minutes. I even spoke to Dion, his adorable kid, before I hung up. I turned on the TV and watched the news for a few minutes, trying to fall asleep. I had a busy day tomorrow and I needed the rest. However, how could I rest when grandma's words from dinner kept replaying in my mind? They were haunting me. They reminded me of a mistake I made ten years ago. A mistake that crashed all my dreams. I turned and turned in bed and ended up falling asleep pretty late.