Chapter 2

**ACE'S POV**

I smiled at Maya as I made chicken noodle soup for her and the twins. It was their favorite and they chose it for dinner today. "Excited?" I asked my youngest who was sitting on the island unit with a cracker in her hands.

Her smile widened. "Super."

I chuckled. Maya always spoke through her teeth and made sure to smile at the end. "Of course, you will be super excited. At least you're here with daddy, not like Mylo and Myles who are busy watching a cartoon." I said, putting a piece of chicken in my mouth and looking through the door to see the twins laughing.

"I'm here with you so I'm your favorite, right?" Maya asked proudly.

I chuckled again. I wasn't doing favorites amongst my kids but I nodded for Maya's satisfaction.

"I knew it!" She squealed and I laughed. She's just too smart for a three-and-a-half-year-old. "Since I'm your favorite, can I sleep in your room tonight?"

NO!

I acted as if I didn't hear her.

"Daddy I'm talking to you." She whined. "I know you can hear me. Please daddy, pretty please..."

I shut my eyes and groaned. "Only on one condition, munchkin."

"I know, I know. I promise I won't pee." She said shyly, making me laugh. "I promise."

I turned off the electric cooker and turned around to get plates for everyone. "I hope your tiny bladder can keep that promise," I said and started dishing out the food. I helped Maya down from the counter. "Go tell your brothers to get ready for dinner and turn off the TV." She nodded and ran off with those short legs, making me laugh and shake my head.

I finish with everything and serve the food. My boys are bouncing up and down in excitement making me smile proudly.

"Smells delicious." Myles said happily and grabbed his fork. "Bet it tastes delicious too."

" Of course it's delicious. I helped daddy make it." Maya said proudly. "Right daddy?"

I chuckled and nodded while tying a bib around her neck. "If sitting on the unit while munching on a cracker and watching daddy cook counts as helping, then yes munchkin, you helped me."

Myles, and Mylo laughed at that.

"Dig in, guys." I told my boys while sitting close to Maya so I could feed her and eat at the same time.

"Maya, you're such a baby. Daddy still feeds you." Mylo mocked, making Maya stick her tongue out.

"Don't say that, Mylo. Don't make fun of your sister. Focus on your meal." I scold him. I see him whispering with Myles and they both burst out laughing. "Eat your food boys."

They nod and continue eating, making an eye conversation and laughing.

"Daddy, Mylo, and Myles are making fun of me." Maya whined.

I send a warning look to the twins and they adjust. This is what dinner is like every day. Not only dinner but every meal. I have to constantly beg Maya and scold the twins. "No baby. They're not making fun of you. No one can make fun of my princess. Now let's finish our meal and study since we still have school tomorrow."

****

I sighed as I got out of the shower and saw Maya sleeping peacefully in my bed. I had put the twins to bed earlier and the house was finally quiet. I dressed up and went to the kitchen to make myself some coffee. I drank it and went up to the twin's room, picking out their clothes for the next day. I then went to Maya's room and picked out an outfit for her. I was exhausted. I had a long day and I just wanted to sleep. I made sure all the doors were locked then walked back to my room. I got under the covers and pulled Maya close to me, drifting into a peaceful sleep. But that didn't last long as I soon felt warm liquid on me. My eyes immediately widened and I didn't need a second guess to know what just happened. Maya.