Chapter 5

**OLIVIA'S POV**

Thanksgiving, and an extra day, and I was back at work, listening to Ashley's endless chats. I groan silently as I listened to her tell me her Thanksgiving story. I was happy I had finally stopped thinking about the black family. I had been thinking about them a lot, but right now, I had work to do. I had a real estate business to run. "Okay Ashley, I've heard enough. I'm glad you enjoyed your break. Now we have work. At what time is my meeting with Mr. William and his mom?" I asked her, dreading the thought of seeing those two. Dave William had been asking me out for quite some time now and his mother was in full support. I had turned him down severally but he never gave up. The only reason I had not stopped talking to him was that he was my business partner and a big investor. He had the cash and materials I needed for my business and I didn't joke about that. My business came first and I knew how to stop his flirtatious acts around me so that didn't pose a problem.

"Yes Miss Harrison, we have work, I almost forgot. Forgive me." She said with a sheepish laugh and then cleared her throat and looked at her iPad. "Your meeting with the Williams is at 1 PM. And your first meeting for today starts in....seven minutes. I already transferred the presentation to your MacBook, so you can just go through it before we go."

I look at my Rolex. Okay, Olivia, you got this. I go through the presentation Ashley made. It was quite impressive, the reason why I like Ashley. She's good at her job. The presentation was for the new houses we had to put on the market. I looked back at her with a smirk. "Good job, Ashley. I'm quite impressed."

She clapped for herself in excitement, causing me to laugh. "One point for Ashley." She said proudly.

I shook my head, stood up, and grabbed my laptop. "Yes, one point for you. Now let's go."

****

I sat listening to Mr. William tell me about the materials he had to offer. It was a good deal. 70-30. "So what do you think, Olivia?"

I took a sip of my coffee and nodded. "I'm in, Mr. William. " I said, emphasizing professionalism. We were sitting in his office.

"So we got ourselves a deal?" He asked with an annoying smirk, stretching his hands forward for a handshake.

I reluctantly placed my hands in his. "Yes, deal."

His mother smiled proudly. "Oh Olivia, doing business with you is always a pleasure. You're so industrious. The reason why I keep telling my son here..." She said as she placed her hand on her son's shoulder. "...that you are perfect and will make a good life partner."

I faked a smile. "This is all just business, Mrs. William. Nothing more."

"Oh please. Which mom wouldn't want you as their daughter-in-law? You're perfect. Beautiful, smart as a whip, gentle, soft-spoken, and all. I like you for my Dave. Plus I know you two will make lovely children..."

Before she could go further, I stood up and picked up my Louis Vuitton bag. "I don't mean to be rude, Mrs. William, Mr. William, but I gotta leave now. I have other appointments. Once again, it's always nice doing business with you."

She stood up as well and we exchanged our pleasantries. I discreetly rolled my eyes and was about to walk out of his office when she spoke up. "Dave, go see off Olivia at the lobby."

"Yes mom." He said and walked over to me. I roll my eyes again. Such a mommy's boy. We get into the private elevator, I sigh in relief. It's a good thing, cause I'm not prepared to be trapped in another elevator with strangers. As the elevator descended, he tried to start up a conversation with me. "You look so beautiful, Olivia."