Chapter 26

ACE'S POV

The moment I shut the door behind me, I heard footsteps running towards my direction. I turned around with a smile and stooped so she could run into my arms.

"Daddy! Daddy! I missed you." My sweet little baby said as I lifted her up and placed a kiss on her cheek.

I playfully pinched her nose and ruffled her hair. "I missed you too, munchkin. Hope you've been a good girl."

She nodded excitedly. "Yes daddy, you can ask grandma and grandpa and Myles and Mylo." She said proudly, causing me to chuckle and raise my palm for a 'high-five'.

I walked into the sitting room where the twins were watching cartoon.

"Hi dad, welcome back."

"Hey dad, welcome home."

They said in unison.

"How's it going over there, boys? Had a great day at school?" I asked as I walked over to the couch and sat with them, ruffling Myles hair.

He shrugged. "It was okay. Why didn't you come home last night?" He asked, looking at me for a second before diverting his attention back to the cartoon.

Who would have thought my 7 years old boy would be asking his grown ass father why he didn't come home at night? I thought it was going to be the other way round. I chuckled. "Missed me?"

Mylo spoke up this time around. "Well grandma said you had work but you usually come home and tuck Maya in before leaving."

"Now we had to tuck her in and Maya is a handful. Don't ever do that again, dad." Myles said.

I burst out laughing. Here I was thinking he was becoming a man, not knowing he was running away from his responsibilities as a big brother. "I'm sorry guys, it would not happen again. And as for you, little miss, I thought you said you had been good, turns out you gave my boys a hard time last night." I said as I started tickling her. Her sweet giggles was all I needed to get rid of the anger Juliette sparked up earlier.

"We have a family day at school on Saturday, you'll be there, right?" Myles asked.

I pretended to be deep in thought. "What do you think?" I asked Mylo.

He chuckled. "That you're gonna show up cause you're the coolest dad ever."

I put out my fist for a fist bump. "Right. So Myles, you got your answer. I would definitely show up. Wanna tag along, princess?" I asked Maya, seeing as she was feeling left out from the conversation.

Her eyes lit up so bright and she nodded with a big toothy smile. "Of course dad, I wanna go to Myles and Mylo's school too."

"Then it's settled, your sister and I will be present." I told the boys.

"So what about your grandpa and I?" I heard mama ask, walking in with a tray of milk for the kids. "Here you go." She said as she handed me Maya's own glass of milk so I could take over.

"You can come too, grandma." Mylo said as he took a sip of his own milk.

"I've been with you guys all day and didn't get an invite, and the moment your dad walks in, I suddenly hear about this family day? I'm sorry boys, but I'm so offended. I don't even want to go to your school so keep your invite." She joked, causing us to laugh.

"Sorry grandma, now I'm formally asking you to attend our family day at school on Saturday ." Myles said.

Mama cooed. "My grandson is such a gentleman. Okay Myles honey, I'll come."

"Can Olivia come too?" Maya asked with so much excitement in her eyes. "Please Myles, please Mylo."

There was brief silence in the room and Myles seemed to be thinking hard. "But Maya, Olivia isn't a part of our family. What you should be asking is if grandpa can come too."

Maya pouted. "But I want Olivia to be there. She's my friend and I love her. Please daddy, let Olivia come."

I raised my hands in surrender. I had to take things slow when it came to matters like that. I was siding with Maya. I definitely wanted Olivia to be present but it was up to the boys this time around. "It's up to your brothers, munchkin. Let them make their decision."

Myles looked at Mylo for a few seconds, probably having a twin conversation in their minds before looking at Maya. "Fine, she can come."

Maya jumped in excitement. "Yes! Yes! Daddy call Olivia and let her know she can come with us on Saturday."

I chuckled. "You're so excited as if it's your occasion. You will be the one to invite Olivia, but not today. You will call her after school tomorrow." I told her as I tickled her.

Coming home to my kids after such a long day was all I needed. It was the best stress reliever.

"I'll go up to my room to freshen up. Be done with your milk and brush your teeth before I'm back." I told them and stood up, walking up to my room.

The moment I got in, I fell on my bed, facing the ceiling, the events of the day running through my mind. I was having such a good morning from the mind blowing sex with Olivia, only for Juliette to get into the picture and ruin my day. No, I couldn't tell the kids about her. I didn't want them to worry. Maya wouldn't even recognize her, it's been so long. I shut my eyes for a few minutes before waking up and heading to the bathroom to freshen up.

I walked back downstairs where mama was carrying a sleepy Maya. I walked over and carried my daughter. "I'll take it from here." I told mama, then turned to the boys. "It's bedtime, guys. Hand over the TV remote to grandma and go up to your rooms. I'll pass by once I'm done with your sister." I told them and watched them do what I said.

I carried Maya up to her room and made her use the toilet first before tucking her in and placing a kiss on her forehead. "Good night, munchkin."

"Daddy?" She called out in a sleepy tone.

"Yes, baby?"

Her eyes fluttered sleepily, I could tell she was fighting the sleep and trying to stay awake but it was almost impossible. "Can Olivia move in with us and be my mommy?"

I didn't see that one coming. I just ran my fingers through her hair until she slept because honestly, I had no answer to her question. What was I supposed to tell her? How was I supposed to answer that question? When she was fully asleep, I kissed her forehead and walked out of her room.

I walked back to the sitting room where mama was watching the news. "Thanks a lot for helping out with the kids, mama. I'm truly grateful."

"Oh shut up, you don't have to thank me, I love watching my grandkids. They are adorable." She said with a smile. "I'm so proud of you. You've done a great job."

I smiled at her. "What if Juliette shows up?" I asked out of the blue.

Mama froze. "I'm never letting her near my grandkids. I'm never going to accept that woman again, not after what she put you guys through."

I sighed and facepalmed. "Well she showed up at the restaurant today. Mama if you see what Juls look like, you won't believe. That guy she eloped with uses her as a punching bag. She's like the ghost of the Juliette we all knew. It's very disturbing. She wants to be a part of our lives again but I can never accept it. If she left once, she's going to do it again."

Mama walked over to me and placed her arms across my shoulders. "I know I want the kids to have a mother, but after what Juliette did, I don't think I can accept her for them. She's back because there's trouble in paradise. What happens when she patches things up with that man? Will she leave again?"

I shrugged. "Same question running through my mind. I'm not letting Juliette near us, ever again. Besides, I've found a woman I love and I'm ready to move on."