Chapter 17

ACE'S POV

"What the..." I held myself from cussing at my kids. "...cookie is wrong with you guys? Why in the the world did you take my phone, Maya?" I asked as I shut my eyes, trying to keep my anger in check.

I was downstairs making sure my parents were okay with their room only to come up and find out  that Maya and Mylo had tried calling Olivia 15 times. Fuck! Now she'd think I'm crazy. 15 fucking times! I love my kids but I swear sometimes they are more than a handful.

"I just wanted to talk to 'Livia." Maya answered, looking at me through her lashes.

"I didn't want to but Maya insisted." Mylo said.

"Lies Mylo, you wanted to talk to Olivia too. You said..."

"Enough!" I shut both of them. "Stop pointing accusing fingers. Do you both know what you just did?"

"I'm sorry dad." Mylo said.

I shook my head. "Sorry wouldn't get you out of this, kiddo. You're the bigger one here and you acted as if you are age mates with Maya. I can't even believe you. You're grounded Mylo. No  video games for a week!" I said sternly.

"But dad..." He started but I cut him short.

"And that's final." I then turned to Maya who already has tears in her eyes, giving me the cutest, yet saddest look. Okay, how in the world am I supposed to ground her when she's looking at me that way?It wouldn't be fair if I let her go while punishing Mylo. And I'll be spoiling them if I do not make them know what they did was wrong. "As for you Maya..." I paused, thinking of what to say. "No sleeping in dad's room until further notice."

"But dad..." Maya started.

"That's not fair dad!" Mylo said. "Maya's punishment is not punishment."

"It's punishment. I love sleeping in daddy's room. I'm sorry daddy, I won't call Olivia with your phone anymore." Maya whined.

I shut my eyes as Maya and Mylo started arguing on who caused the 'problem' and the 'unfair punishment'.

"Enough!" I said to shut them up again. I was going to say something else when my phone started ringing. Great! Olivia. "Okay, one of you will answer this and let her know why you called so many times. Wait a second, why did you call so many times in the first place?"

"I'll answer!" Maya jumped in excitement, ignoring my question. "Let me have the phone daddy."

"I thought you just said you wouldn't use my phone to call Olivia again." I reminded my excited daughter.

"Pretty please daddy. Lemme have the phone." She nagged and I answered the call and handed the phone to her. To my greatest dismay, Maya walked to the bathroom and shut the door, giving the impression she wanted to talk to Olivia privately. I was utterly shocked. Who taught her that?

Mylo was pouting. "I'll just go to my room." He said and walked away. I was too busy thinking of what Maya had to say to Olivia to care about Mylo at the moment so I walked to the door that led to the bathroom and leaned in, eavesdropping.

"...And now, daddy doesn't want me to sleep in his bed all because I called you three times."

I heard Maya say. Three times? She called 15 times! I mentally facepalmed. There was silence for a few seconds before I heard Maya's voice again.

"Promise?"

Promise what?

"My grandma and grandpa came in today. I'll tell my grandma to pick out an outfit for me."

Wait, what were they planning?

"Yayyy, I'm so excited. I can't wait Olivia. Thank you so much. I'm just gonna go give Mylo the phone. He wants to talk..."