Chapter 35

WRITER'S POV

With so many demons she was battling with, Olivia couldn't sleep. She was scared of waking up with loud cries and she just wasn't ready to tell Ace about the nightmares that had haunted her for over a decade. She looked at her phone. 6:03 AM. She was exhausted but she could only comfortably fall asleep behind the walls of her room. They were already versed with her cries and wouldn't question those tears. She looked at the handsome man by her side. He was so handsome and she was willing to give anything to wake up to such a handsome face every day. He looked tired but so peaceful in his sleep. She was tempted to wake him up so they could continue with the search. They had to find Maya. She was too young to be out there with a crazy lady who just happened to be her mother.

Olivia was about to tap Ace's shoulder when she saw a tiny shadow pass by her. At first, her heart skipped a bit but she realized it was one of the boys. She slowly stood up to follow the kid and find out why he was awake so early. She stood up, gently placed her lips on Ace's forehead endearingly, and pulled down his shirt so it could cover up some skin before following the sounds she heard from the kitchen. She leaned on the wall that led to the kitchen and watched as Myles, or was it, Mylo? As the little boy poured out some milk into a cup. He looked so sad and she just wanted to comfort him.

"Why are you wearing my dad's t-shirt?" She shook when she heard his voice and flushed with embarrassment.

She never knew he was watching her and from his tone and voice, she knew it was Myles. Plus Myles was always cold towards her. "I..um..you know.." She couldn't believe her, the 'great' Olivia Harrison was speechless because of a seven-year-old boy. She cleared her throat and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a cup and pouring out some milk for herself too. She took a sip and looked at Myles who was glaring at her. "Why are you awake at this time ?" She asked him instead, skillfully avoiding his questions.

He shrugged. "My younger sister is missing. Sleep is not exactly what I want right now. I want to find Maya." He said. One thing about Myles was how mature he was. The kid had the brain of someone twice his age.

Olivia looked into his eyes. She could see the pain in his eyes but he was trying so hard to hide it. She wanted to reach out and hug him. She wanted to tell him it was going to be alright but she just didn't know how to. She wasn't good with kids. "Do you want to let out the pain? It's fine you know. Kids are allowed to cry. You're allowed to let out the pain. This is a safe space." She said softly as she took a sip of her milk, all this while, still maintaining eye contact with him.

His lips quivered. His eyes filled up with tears. His heart was aching. A few hours ago, he saw that woman. That woman who walked away from him all those years ago. But this time, she didn't walk away alone. She walked away with his younger sister. His Maya. He wanted to be strong but failed miserably at it. A tear slipped out, followed by another.

Olivia felt so sad too and she couldn't stop herself from walking over to him and pulling him in for a hug. Myles lost it, crying so hard into her body. Olivia simply rubbed the back of his head to give him some sort of comfort. "It's gonna be fine Myles. We're gonna find Maya."

Myles was a crying mess at this point. The little boy had been trying to keep his emotions in check but he just had to let them out. He had waited so long for his mom to come. To hug her so tight and tell her he loved her. To tell her not to leave him again but after seeing her yesterday, he realized he felt nothing other than bitterness and anger. He realized he didn't want her again. He was used to a life without her and she only caused pain. At such a tender age, he had seen his mother walk away from them. His mother! No one ever told him why she left. Now she had come and one more time, gone, taking his sister along. And hurt his grandma. She made grandma sleep at the hospital.  "I don't like her. I hate that woman. I hate her..."