Chapter 38

OLIVIA'S POV

The drive to the hospital was somewhat awkward since I was carpooling with George, Ace's father. We hadn't kicked off on good terms and only just dealt with each other for formality's sake. Since we weren't the best of friends, he sat in front with Ken and I had my backseat all to myself which I was thankful for. My phone rang and when I looked at the caller ID, I answered. "Hi, Mr. Alberto."

"Hello, Miss Harrison. I hope you had a lovely day. So we've filed a lawsuit against Juliette Dabryl. As you already know, she's receiving treatment at the central hospital under heavy surveillance. And as per your request, the test came out positive. Juliette Dabryl is mentally deranged. So instead of being locked up behind bars, she would most likely be sent to get help in a mental facility, and in the case where she gets better, the charges can be brought up and she faces her time in jail." Mr. Alberto, one of my attorneys said.

I bit my lip. "Okay, Mr. Alberto. I would talk to her..." I was going to say family but that didn't sound right. And although I hated it a lot, I said, "...her ex-husband, then get back to you."

There was shuffling at his end. "Okay, Miss Harrison. I'll be waiting for your call." He said. "Have a wonderful night, ma'am."

"You too, Mr. Alberto." I said before I ended the call and shut my eyes. Why in the world was I dragging myself into Ace's mess. It wasn't my place to be doing all this. I didn't even know this woman. But she hurt Maya, her daughter! She also hurt Ace and his friend, Natalia. She had to pay one way or the order.

When we got to the hospital, where he was, even in hospital clothes, he managed to make my heart flutter. How could one man be so effortlessly handsome? "Take a picture, it last longer." He said smugly.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "You wish. I came here with your dad. He went to see the doctor. How are you?" I asked as I walked over to him. I only intended to hug him but being the perv that he was, he pulled me in for a kiss. After a few seconds, I pulled back. "Can't believe you're kissing me when you're in so much pain." I said, giggling as my cheeks became red.

"Who said I'm in pains? Even if I was, seeing you drives away all pain. You're my painkiller." He said and we both burst out laughing.

"You're crazy, you know."

"I'm crazy over you." He replied and again, we burst out laughing.

I smiled at him. "What's gotten over you? You seem to be in a very good mood this evening." He shrugged and immediately shut his eyes in pain. I placed my hand on his. "Be careful. Your wound hasn't healed up completely."

He just looked into my eyes and smiled.

I blinked severally. "What?"

"You're just so beautiful, and this caring side of you is simply amazing. I could stare at you all day, it's like an addiction." He said smoothly, making my heart melt.

I was so pink by this time. "Your dad is not much of a sweet talker so I bet you got this from your mom." I pointed out and we burst out laughing. "But really, how are you? Does it hurt so bad?"

He shook his head. "I'm fine now. I told the doctor I'll be going home tomorrow. I can't stay another day in this room. It's so boring and lonely and I only get to see you in the evenings. Plus I feel better now." He said.

I shook my head in denial. "No Ace, you can't go just because you're bored. You need medical care and assist..." Before I got the chance to finish my statement, a nurse walked in. She was black and had very long locs. She also had two buttons undone, showing the right amount of cleavage to give a man a boner, she flashed Ace a seductive smile.

It was clear as day that she would do anything to have Ace fuck her to a stupor. "Hi Mr. DeLuca, how're you feeling this evening? I hope you're well though. I came here to check your vitals before my shift ends." She said and flashed him another seductive smile. Wait! This was his nurse during the day? I blinked severally as I looked at her from head to toe and back. She was wearing a very tight uniform that showed her curves. And the way she leaned in while checking his heart rate made me speechless. I could only just stand and watch whatever the hell she was doing as I balled my hand into a fist. A part of me was tempted to have her fired, after all, I was a major shareholder in this hospital. When she was done with whatever she was doing, she smiled at him. "See you tomorrow Mr. DeLuca." She said as she flashed him that same annoying smile and walked away, purposefully showing off her derriere.

I glared at her retreating figure. 'See you tomorrow?' She had plans of seeing him tomorrow?

"Hey babe, what were you saying about medical care and assistance?" I heard Ace ask.

I turned to him with a scowl on my face. "That I would talk to Doctor Crane and see if you can be discharged tomorrow morning." I told him.

He chuckled. "But I thought you said I couldn't just leave the hospital like that."

I raised my eyebrows. "Well, I'm saying otherwise now. Maya misses you. The twins and your mom miss you as well. So it will be better to go home."

He smirked. "I love this jealous side of you. Damn, it's so sexy!"

"Sexy like that bitch?" I asked in irritation.

He burst out laughing. "I didn't even mention her, yet you became so guilty. Hey look, baby, I don't care about her or any other woman. You're the one I got my eyes on and that's gonna be until forever. You do not need to be jealous. Plus I don't find her attractive. Whatever it is she was doing was a turn-off. But should I tell you what turned me on?"

I rolled my eyes and looked away, crossing my arms. I can't believe I was jealous of a nurse. "What?"

"When you balled your hands into a fist. Damn, I love it when you're feisty. A huge turn on." I tried hard not to smile but ended up smiling like a teenage girl. "Now that's the smile I've been waiting for all day. Come here, sugar." He said as he scooted over in his bed, making some room for me to lay down by his side. which I gladly did. I was so in love with this man, he melted my heart every single time.

"So I'm more attractive than her, right?" I asked as I pouted.

"Damn right. A 10/10. But that nurse, roughly 2/10." He said and we laughed out loud.

"Or maybe one." I added causing him to laugh even more. I loved this. I wanted to be like this with him forever, which leads me to one question. 'When did I fall so madly in love with him in such a short period of time?' "Hey, that reminds me, Juliette's results came out. It's been proven that she's sick. When she gets discharged from the hospital, she'll be going straight to a mental facility. My attorney said you could file a case of kidnap and assault case when she gets better, but that's up to you." I told him.

He became silent for a few minutes. I looked at him and felt sorry for him. It must be so hard for him, after all, she is the mother of his children.

I placed my palm on his. "You know, she did all those things as a result of her mental health. I do not think she would intentionally harm you or Maya, or even Natalia. Who we should blame is the man who made her lose her mind. He's a monster for abusing her physically and emotionally."

He looked at me in adoration. "How are you so nice? You're even defending her."

I shrugged. "She's still the mother of your kids. Mr. Alberto will put her in the best mental health facility in the state. When she gets better, then it's up to you to decide on what you want to do with her. Well, you and Natalia, since she stabbed Natalia as well." I told him and he just nodded.

"I love you so much." He said after a minute and kissed the back of my hand.

I smiled at him. "I love you too. I'll talk to the doctor and see if it's okay for you to go home tomorrow."

"For us. It's you and I." He corrected, causing my heart to melt even more.