Chapter 9

**OLIVIA'S POV**

I looked at my phone which was ringing and ignored it. What does he want from me? I already made arrangements with Clara and she sent me a message earlier telling me Ace and his kids showed up already. So what more does he want?

"Miss Harrison, your phone is ringing." One of the maids at home, Gloria, said. I raised my brows at her. Did she think i was deaf? She got the hint of my irritation and looked down. "I'm sorry Miss Harrison." She said and continued cleaning the flower vase in my room.

I rolled my eyes. "Just get out." I said angrily. I didn't even know why I was angry. Was it because i was just too lonely? Or because i missed my grandparents? Or because i missed my parents? Or because of the thought of dying lonely? I had just gotten back from the cemetry and i always wanted to be on my own after that.

I looked at my phone which had stopped ringing and started ringing again. It was the third time already. It must be important. Reluctantly, I answered it. "Ace?"

"Hey Olivia. I'm sorry for calling you on your off day and probably disturbing your peace but Maya won't stop bugging me. She even cried at some point just because she wanted to see you. I don't know but she really likes you." He said slowly.

I bit my lip. "Go straight to the point, Ace."

"Can we meet up? Please...?"

"I don't think that's a good idea, please tell Maya I'm busy." I told him. I wasn't ready to see anyone. I wasn't in the right state of mind. Especially to see a kid.

There was shuffling at the backround and i heard him say something to her. "Uhh, she wants to talk to you."

NO! I didn't want to hear her voice. That angelic voice will haunt me. It did yesterday after i spoke with her. "No Ace..."

But i was cut off by the little voice. "Olivia?"

Great. Just great. I cleared my throat. "Hey Maya. How you doing baby? How was your time at the hospital?" I asked calmly. That's how to speak to a child, right?

"I'm fine. And my teeth are all clean now. Doctor Clara even gave me a teddy bear. I wanna show you." She said happily. "Can we meet up?"

How do i say no to such an adorable kid? "Uhh, Maya...I'm sorta.."

"Please come over for lunch. Daddy and I are gonna cook. I'm gonna help daddy, I promise." She said happily.

No. This isn't a good idea. What if their mom got mad at Ace for inviting me? Or at Maya for letting me come to their house? I'm even shocked at how much the child loves me cause she has only seen me once!

"...Olivia?" Her voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Please come. I wanna see you again."

I huff. "Fine Maya. I'll come, okay?"

I heard her squealing. "Yayyy. Thank you Olivia."

I was quiet for sometime before a smile formed on my lip. It felt good to know a child seeked to see me. It felt comfortable knowing my presence will make a child happy. Her happiness made me happy. "You're welcome baby. Could you pass the phone to your dad?"

"Daddy, Olivia wants to talk to you. She's coming over. I told you she would." I heard her tiny voice at the other end which melted my heart. She was sure I was gonna see her? How sweet.

"Hey Olivia. Thank you so much for accepting to come over or else Maya would have chopped off my head." Ace joked, causing me to smile.

"Its okay. Just send me the address and I'll come over." I told him.