Chapter 16

Date: 2nd January
Time: 5:46 AM
Place: Karasuno High

Early in the morning, everyone lined up in front of the gymnasium. Excited and full of anticipation. Daichi hadn't told them yet where were they heading, all they knew was that they were gonna hit Nekoma first, stay there for 1 night, and from there, they'd take off to their trip.

The captain gave his usual speech on how he'd punish anyone who breaks the conduct with 20 laps around the ground and 30 dives. He knew no matter what he said, they'd not stop being troublemakers. But it was his duty to do so, so he did.

They all waited with patience on the brim for Daichi's lecture to get over, and as soon as it was done they ran into the bus that they rented and took their seats. Everyone expected to see Hinata and Kenma sitting together because of what happened that night, but they didn't. Hinata sat on the last seat, near the window, all alone, smiling for some reason, and Kenma sat two seats ahead of him with earphones plugged in.

Tanaka sat with Kiyoko, trying to get her into talking since she was actually his soulmate, but to his misfortune, she was aromantic. They shared a good platonic relationship anyway, so it wasn't all a bummer. Tanaka didn't miss any opportunity to tell Kiyoko how much he loved her, and how he'll keep loving her platonic or otherwise. It never irritated her though, she just thought it was cute how he clung to her no matter what.

Asahi with Nishinoya, Noya making sure he packed all the motion sickness medicines for his boyfriend. The last time they travelled was a huge lesson for him. Asahi had gotten sick on the first ride to the destination and had been sick for the whole trip. So this time, Noya took all the necessary care.

Tsukishima sat with Yamaguchi, sharing earphones. It was their usual. Although their diaries had matched, they didn't need those diaries to tell that they were soulmates. The only person Tsukki's demisexual ass ever fell for was that one frog loving guy, Yamaguchi. 

Yachi and Narita weren't able to join them. Yachi, because her mother had to go on an important business meeting and there was no one to look after the house. Narita, because he easily gets homesick.

Daichi and Suga sat at the front, throwing occasional glances at their kids, making sure no one had their heads or hands sticking out of the window. And the rest of them sat wherever they could find a place.

Hinata couldn't wait to meet Kageyama and tell him everything about this new soulmate friend he made. He was so excited about the fact that he plays volleyball as well, that he just couldn't stop thinking about it. Also, he wanted to hear about Kageyama's soulmate..!! He knew that he got his diary, but he didn't tell much about it and diverted the topic any time Hinata tried asking anything.

The bus was moving too much, or he'd take out his diary and write every single thing he saw on the road to his soulmate. "What Kenma said was true", he thought to himself. Looking out of the window, watching Miyagi's beauty pass by, he fell asleep before he knew it.

Despite Asahi trying to hold back Nishinoya, he clicked a picture of the sleeping Hinata, edited it with some Kawai cat and heart stickers, gave it a caption that said "the future is cute", and posted it on his Instagram.

Kageyama saw it there, "he's so small. And so cute. Hot? Yeah maybe, not much tho... he's a small bean. Haha... okay k-Kageyama shut up. You're not sure of anything yet. STFU?" With that, he proceeded to comment, "hah! Boke..!!"

Everyone knew that Hinata was gonna throw a huge fit once he wakes up and realizes that Noya has posted a sleeping picture of him

Time: 12:23 PM
Place: Nekoma High

In about 6 hours, they reached Nekoma High in Tokyo. They deboarded the bus and fell in for Daichi's etiquette lecture once again. While Hinata was just still getting out of his sleep, rubbing his eyes, he saw the Nekoma team making their way towards them to present their greetings.

On seeing his best friend after a long time, he jumped screaming "KAA-GEEEYY-YAAA-MAAAA". Kageyama was honestly a bit embarrassed, but seeing his crush, best friend and now potentially his soulmate excited him as well. Although he didn't show it much, because he wasn't from those people who would show their emotions.

Kuroo and Daichi exchanged some awkward "captain hellos", and Kuroo informed everyone that since the whole school was on winter break, the smaller building's classrooms were converted into rooms for their accommodation. Every room was to be shared by two people, and they were given the freedom to choose their partners.

Kageyama tugged Hinata by his sleeve and pulled him closer grabbing him into a leisure one-hand side hug, "boke, you'll be with me". Hinata couldn't help but blush a bit, and gave a happy nod... after all, it wasn't usual for Kageyama to make the first move. He stood there, still held by a clumsy hug, thinking about how he'd spend the whole night talking to Kageyama, telling him about everything that has happened. 

_____________
[Word Count - 911]

A/N - okay, the real fun starts from here..!! y'all have no damn idea how much I waited to share this part..!! Also, don't tell me you expected any better editing than that from Nishinoya... haha

Again, please pay attention to the date, time, and place. You'll be following 2 stories now. So please don't get confused. You can always ask in the comments if anything gets confusing ❤❤

TAKE LOOOVVVEEEE ❤
don't forget to vote ✨