Chapter 40

Date: 6th January
Time: 9:23 PM
Kageyama and Hinata

"Oh no, it's so late", Hinata checked his watch, "Daichi-san is gonna kill us, let's head back to the hotel"

"It's okay, don't worry", Kageyama pulled him closer, "I already made Kuroo-san talk to him about us being out for a little late tonight. He ain't gonna kill anyone"

Hinata smiled at how considerate Kageyama could sometimes be. "Good job, Bakayama", he got on his tips and kissed the other boy's cheek.

They turned their way into a quiet lane, where the roadsides were covered with trees and had very little pedestrian traffic.

"Hinata", Kageyama stopped at a random point and pulled Hinata by his wrists making him stop abruptly. "Huh?", he turned back to look at the taller guy who was staring at his shoes. His face seemed to be flushed with red but it was hard to tell at night.

"I need to ask you something"

Hinata's mind clouded with anticipation. He knew that in most cases, 'I need to ask you something' wasn't very pleasant. "Yes?", he said in a nervous voice.

"I- I don't know how people do these things", Kageyama said while rubbing the back of his neck. Hinata stood pretty close to him, trying to read his face.

Kageyama took a step backward and pulled out a box from his pocket. It was a thin, long box, white box.

"KAGEYAMA, ARE YOU GONNA ASK ME TO MARRY YOU?? I-", Hinata panicked.

"BOKE..!! WHAT KIND OF RING FITS IN SUCH A THIN AND LONG BOX??!! LET ME DO THIS OKAY?? IT'S ALREADY PRETTY HARD", Kageyama said.

Hinata nodded and waited for Kageyama to collect himself. He opened the box to reveal two bracelets of the same kind. Hinata's eyes started pooling.

"Shoyo Hinata", Kageyama took out one of the bracelets and kept the box back in his pocket, "will you be my boyfriend?", he extended the accessory towards Hinata.

Hinata cupped his mouth, and tears started running down his cheeks. He motioned a few quick yeses. "YES. YES YES. YES KAGEYAMA, YES", he kept saying and extended his hand.

He tied the bracelet around his wrist and pulled him closer into a perfect kiss. Kageyama felt Hinata's smile against his lips.

"You have one other in there", Hinata pointed towards Kageyama's pocket.

"Yes, it's for me"

"Can I tie it, please?"

Kageyama took out the bracelet and gave it to Hinata. He had his happy puppy expression and tied the bracelet on Kageyama's wrist. In the mix of moonlight and the faint street light at a distance, he noticed a little silver crescent moon on Kageyama's bracelets. He immediately lifted his hand to check his own and saw a little sun...

 He immediately lifted his hand to check his own and saw a little sun