Chapter 33

Date: 5th January
Time: 8:17 AM
Place: Kenma and Kuroo's room

Kenma groaned as he woke up with a terrible headache. He extended his hand everywhere, searching for his phone to have a look at the time. He didn't find it. He fumbled for a few seconds, eyes still closed, grabbing every little corner of the sheets under the pillow for his phone. But he couldn't find it. It terrified him to be separated from his phone.

He sprung upon his bed only to notice that something was missing... "where did the window go?". He looked at his surroundings for a few more seconds to realize that he wasn't on his bed. He was on Kuroo's, and Kuroo was sleeping on his. Everything that had happened last night, everything he saw and read suddenly flooded into his mind, only to make his headache worse.

He noticed that Kuroo's diary was lying by his side on the bed, clumsily tangled in the sheets. "Did he- did he find me with his diary?", the thought was scary. "I hope he didn't..!! It was probably under the cover or something", he gently picked it up and placed it on the nightstand as if it had always been there. He saw that his own diary was sitting at the foot of the bed lamp, which made his anxiety go crazy. "Panicking first thing in the morning. Not a good start"

Kenma sat on the edge of the bed, legs hanging down, and picked up the water bottle. He thought he had a good grip on it, but apparently, he didn't, because of the "morning hands". The bottle dropped from a height and made a loud noise which woke up Kuroo.

"Huh? Eh? Wha-?", Kuroo startled up. He wasn't expecting to be woken up, let alone with a huge noise. Kenma instantly regretted even waking up, "Oh good lord, now I have to face him?"

"Oh hey, Ken", Kuroo rubbed his eyes, "good morning", he yawned.

"Good morning", Kenma replied. "And why that nickname?", he felt almost dizzy every time he heard that name. 

Kenma pulled his bag from under the bed and buried his face in it, searching for headache meds. He sat up for a moment, looked at Kuroo, and said, "my phone, under the pillow", with a straight face, and pointed towards the pillow on his bed which was being used by Kuroo. He reached for the phone and gave it to him. Kenma felt as if his life has returned to him.

He went back to searching for pain medicines. Kuroo stared at him for a while, trying to figure out what he was doing and when he couldn't, he asked "Kenma, what're you doing?"

"Medicines. Headache", Kenma replied in a monotone.

"Oh, I have 'em right here", Kuroo pulled a strip of tablets from his bag within seconds. He popped one out and handed it to Kenma with a glass of water. "How do I know you aren't trying to kidnap me?", Kenma squinted his eyes.

"Because I'd never kidnap you?"

"Fair point. Okay", Kenma took the medicines and gave the glass back to him. "I don't have to tell him anything, right? Yeah, I don't... but how will we ever figure out then? What if he never figures out that I'm his soulmate and we remain in the diary forever? Or what if he had already figured it out and was waiting for me to make a move?", Kenma's thoughts were racing with the speed of light, and he believed that he could win it. Although he wasn't a very expressive person, his train of thoughts was pretty visible on his face.

Kuroo sat beside him, just staring at him and amusing at how his expressions were changing from one to another. "Wow, he's my soulmate. Eeeeekkkkk", Kuroo thought to himself, "Also, do I have to tell Kageyama about it now? I mean, he didn't tell me at first... but then I mocked him for not telling him... but, I don't think I'm ready to talk about it to anyone yet. Well, for now, I have to figure out how can I tell him that I know"