Chapter 34

Date: 5th January

They walked in silence for a while and then realized that none of them knew where the supermarket was. "So, where do you think you were headed without knowing the destination?" Kenma laughed.

Embarrassed, Kuroo pulled out his phone and set up google maps real quick. Luckily, it was just around the corner. They'd have gotten there even without the maps.

They went in and bought the green tea Kit-Kats Kuroo was talking about. Kenma picked up a few snicker bars. They tried some free sample snacks and made their way out in just about 15 minutes.

Kuroo pointed at a bench and asked if Kenma wanted to sit. He was more than happy to get an opportunity to rest his legs. The surroundings were covered with the beauty of daffodils which just made everything a million times beautiful.

 The surroundings were covered with the beauty of daffodils which just made everything a million times beautiful

Kuroo tried his green tea flavored Kit-Kat and the taste made him retch. "That's why you shouldn't try such things", Kenma said. He folded the rest and kept it in his pocket because there was no dustbin around.

"Hey!! How would I know it tastes bad without trying?", he laughed with Kenma.

Another wave of cold breeze made Kenma shiver and Kuroo noticed that. "He probably needs to go back into hibernation, haha", he thought.

"Do you wanna head back?", Kuroo asked him. Kenma gave a swift nod. If it wasn't for stupid Kuroo who dashed out of the room, Kenma would've been sitting in his room peaceful and warm. This time no one had to make a "move" to hold hands... It came to them naturally. It was just a 15-minute walk to the hotel.

Kenma opened the door and entered the warm room. He removed his jackets and jumped under the blankets quickly. "Huuuufffff, it's cold", he shut his eyes tightly and started rubbing his hands together.

"Hey, Kit-Kat~", he heard Kuroo's soft whisper too close to his ear, which made him shiver more than the cold breeze back at the bench. He opened his eyes to see Kuroo at an inch's gap. "Kit-Kat? No please". Kuroo stared straight into Kenma's eyes for a few seconds.

"Your eyes are beautiful", he said with a warm smile.

"I- th- thanks Kuroo", Kenma panicked. "What's with the sudden nickname?", he let out a few nervous chuckles.

Kuroo casually locked his hands behind Kenma's waist and leaned forward to have a better look. He did it as if they were habituated to doing such things. "K-Kuroo, what are you doing buddy?", as much as Kenma wanted him to keep going, it surely terrified him.

"Okay shit, I've come too far. What should I do next? How do I handle the rest of the situation? What should I do? Should I tell him that I know everything? I know he read my diary, so he knows everything too... but-", Kuroo didn't show his panic but he was having waves and tides of anxiety inside him.