Chapter 29

Date: 4th January
Time: 11:38 PM

Kuroo sat beside Kageyama and softly laid his hand on the other boy's shoulder. "Stand up, let's start walking towards the hotel. We don't wanna be here this late..!!". Kageyama obeyed, and Kuroo helped him to stand up.

"Yeah so, tell me everything. I'm sure we can figure out something", Kuroo said as they slowly started making their way towards the hotel.

Kageyama explained everything to the minute details, with occasional sobs and "I'm the worst person in this whole universe".

"I'm not sure if I should be mad at you for not telling me that he's your soulmate the very second you found out, or be a good senior and help you... uh hmm". Kuroo was shocked at the fact that Kageyama would delay telling something this HUGE.

"Kuroo-san I'm sorry. It isn't like I didn't want to tell you. But I was way too occupied with processing shit. Now please help me..!! I really need some..!!", Kageyama whined.

Kuroo tilted his head back and laughed. "Okay okay, let's see what we can do...", Kuroo took a pause, "do you have any idea how he feels towards you?".

Kageyama got all flustered and stared down at his shoes, "I mean- I... when we... kissed and stuff... he- he didn't try to push me back... so I mean... he could... I DON'T KNOW..!!"

"Well yeah, that did happen... and who knew someone could get Kageyama flustered", Kuroo broke into another frantic laugh, and Kageyama punched him in the stomach.

"Aahahha, I'm sorry... that kiss thing is evidence enough in itself, but is there anything else that you aren't telling me?", Kuroo asked while trying hard not to laugh again.

Kageyama told him about the day he found out that Hinata was his soulmate. About how he hugged him, how Hinata bought him hot cocoa and they fell asleep cuddling. He also added that Hinata had started crying the next morning, but he wasn't sure why he was crying.

"Could it be that Hinata hasn't moved on from his breakup with Kenma and is feeling guilty about having feelings towards someone else? But again, he kissed you", Kuroo asked while checking his phone for the current temperature. 4 degrees celsius. He shrugged.

"No. I think he's way too broken from what has happened in the past. He just doesn't want to repeat the same thing. He's scared Kuroo-san. Scared of falling for someone who isn't his soulmate", Kageyama said lifting his eyes off the ground to see their hotel that just appeared on the horizon.

"Yeah, makes sense. But you're his soulmate. He'll be more than happy to fall in love with you, and to know that you have a huge ass crush on him..!!", Kuroo passed a grin, "why are you even afraid to tell him?"

"I- I'm afraid that he'll hate me for being the reason for his breakup with the guy he loved the most... Kenma", Kageyama said, again drooping his eyes down to the road.

"Ah! Kenma", Kuroo tilted his head to look at the sky and smiled warmly.

"Kuroo-san, that is not an appropriate response", Kageyama wasn't sure what Kuroo meant.

"His hands are so smaaallll", Kuroo said while pinching his fingers together as one does to gesture small.

"What does that have anything to do with my issue?", Kageyama narrowed his eyes. Kuroo didn't feel necessary to answer that question.

"And he smiles you know? He isn't as scary as he looks", he continued, "and he likes snickers... he even shares his food with me..!! No one ever shared their food with me-". Kuroo had totally forgotten that he was there to help Kageyama, and not to simp on someone.

"Kuroo-san, wait", Kageyama stopped Kuroo by holding his cycle. "Are you getting all weird for my soulmate's ex?"

Kuroo paused right at the point and stared blankly at Kageyama, "it- is it weird?"

"YES KUROO-SAN..!! IT'S WEIRD..!!", Kageyama replied while slamming his hands on his forehead. "Man, you have a soulmate okay? And you told me that things are going well with that guy..!! Why do you even wanna jeopardize everything??!!"

"I- I think he's my soulmate", Kuroo looked back at Kageyama with doubtful eyes. "There are... a lot of similarities between him and Kenma", his voice started cracking.

"Hey, Kuroo-san... no please... you are supposed to be my therapist friend..!!", Kageyama tried to say something in comfort, "Don't you remember what you told me when I was blindly connecting dots?", he said while putting his hand on Kuroo's shoulder.

"You're right", Kuroo replied in a little voice. "Anyway, we've reached. Now you go up there and tell him everything, okay? That dude fucking kissed you, Kageyama..!!"

"But-but how do I do that??", Kageyama wasn't ready yet.

"You have to figure it out yourself, man..!!", Kuroo said while giving a hard pat on Kageyama's back which made him stumble a little. "But yeah, I can assure you that he won't hate you"

They entered the hotel and Kuroo thanked the receptionist again for lending him the cycle. Kuroo gave Kageyama a swift thumbs up and they separated their ways since they had their rooms in different wings.

"What Kageyama said is right", Kuroo thought to himself. "I shouldn't be building imaginary castles. I can't do this. The last thing I want is to be ended up broken... like Hinata... like Kenma".

When Kuroo returned to the room, he found Kenma sprawled upon his bed. He had his knees to his chest and he was closely tugging in on a diary. "My diary... what's he doing with my diary?". He frowned at the possibilities. And then his eyes laid on Kenma's diary which was laying open with its spine facing up on a corner of the bed.

He could feel his ears heating up as his hands reached for the diary. He didn't need to flip through the pages to read the last conversation, he just turned it around...

"Tokyo. Yours?", which was in his handwriting.

Kuroo's eyes got fixed on it, he started feeling dizzy, so he slumped on the bed and clutched tighter on the diary. But when his senses rested a little bit, his lips curled into a little smile...

"This explains why you feel familiar, Kou"

----------------------
[Word Count - 1044]

A/N - Ah!! The next two chapters are the ones that took me the longest to write... okay then, y'all just wait.