38.

Charlie's POV

The words rang through my ears as if it were all that I could think of, and it was. Will you marry me. Never in a million years did I think Nikki would ever ask me this. Maybe I just didn't ever think ahead of things.

I didn't know what to say in that moment, do I really want to spend the rest of my life with Nikki? Of course I do, but- "Hey what's wrong?" I was snapped out my thoughts as a concerned Nikki brought his hand up to catch the tears that I hadn't realized had fallen. Why was I crying?

"Why are you crying?" He whispered, hurt written all over his face as if he knew what I would say.

"Nikki." I whispered, meeting his worried gaze. He grabbed my hands and brought them to his face as he gently planted a soft warm kiss to my knuckles. "Don't say it Charlie." His eyes began to prick with salty tears.

"Just let me think about it." I dropped my stare to our interlocked hands as I bit the inside of my cheek.

He let out a deep sigh, I expected him to start throwing things as Nikki would but instead he kissed my knuckles again and stood up.

"If that's what you want." He nodded his head as he made his way to the cabinet and pulled out a bottle of jack.
He unscrewed the top and almost immediately started swigging the chemical.

"I'm gonna go take a bath," I paused looking at Nikki who was already looking at me. "Where's your bathroom?" The corner of his mouth lifted slightly. It took me a few seconds to remember but then I did, that's what I had asked him that night I accidentally wandered into his room back in the old Mötley house.

"Its uh, down the hall second to last door on the left."

"Thanks." I gently smiled as I lifted myself from the couch and adjusted my pants that Nikki had pulled down earlier.

He only nodded as I made my way to the bathroom. I closed the door and looked at my gloomy expression in the mirror. I wiped at the mascara that had been smeared under my eyes. I looked a mess. I walked over to Nikki's tub and turned on the hot water. I began to strip, making sure to take all of my jewelry off. Once the water was nice and warm I stepped in sank into the hot water.

I was in my own thoughts when a knock came at the door. "Charlie can I come in?" Nikkis voice sounded from the other side.

"Yeah." I weakly called out. A second later and the knob was twisting along with the door opening. Nikki stepped in with his bottle of jack and a wine bottle in the other hand. He handed me the wine bottle and began looking under the sink cabinet.

"What are you looking for?" I calmly asked. He turned his head to me as he came out holding another bottle up, my eyes scanned over it. Bubble bath.

A playful smile pulled at my lips as he began lifting his shirt and undoing his leather belt. "Nikki what are you doing?" I shook my head with a laugh.

"You're not getting in here you dork." I laughed flinging a little water at his bare skin. His face cringed at the droplets landing on his skin. "Oh now I'm really getting in." He smiled a toothy grin as he pushed his pants down his legs after stepping out of his boots.

He began pouring the bubble bath in the water, my hands instantly coming into play by swashing the water around to make the bubbles. He smiled down at me as he stepped in. Thank God the tub was big enough for us both because otherwise Nikki's gigantic self would never be able to fit inside.

I opened the wine bottle and took a sip as Nikki took a sip of his jack.

"Are you really going to think about it?" He spoke, splitting the silent tension.

I quit tracing the tip of the bottle and finally met his stare. "Yes, Nikki I am." The hurt washed over me all over again.

He turned around and scooted up to where he was now laying between my legs, his head resting on my shoulder. My right arm wrapped around his shoulder to rest on chest. Nothing but the sound of us taking sips of our alcohol filled the small room.

"I love you Charlie, I want you to know that." He spoke.

"I know Nikki," I ran my fingers through his hair as I rested my head against the wall behind me.

"I love you too."

(A/N) well, wasn't too bad of a reaction lmao kinda happy how it turned out, tell me your thoughts do you think Charlie will say yes eventually?