29.

Charlie's POV

Charlie's POV

It all happened so fast. One minute I was lounging on the couch reading a book, the next I was frantically scrambling to find my car keys.

My heart was pounding against my chest, I was rapidly breathing. Nothing could compare to the worry, fear, and anxiousness I felt in this moment.

To get the phone call that your significant other has gotten into a car crash, is frightening. Not knowing how badly injured they are, or if they're even still breathing, is the worst part.

And to get the call from your best friend, who lives two cities away from you, means it's gotten everywhere, which also means it wasn't a tiny crash.

The phone was pressed to my ear and I was trying to hear what Jade was saying, but I could hardly hear her over all of the heavy breathing me and her were doing.

"Jade," I mumbled, gripping onto the cord of the phone. "Jade, please tell me he's okay." I breathed, but I couldn't hold it in anymore.

When I didn't get a response, I let out a choked cry, and then a sob.
I blinked the tears away, the best I could as I was trying to dig through my purse for my keys.

"Charlie, I-I," she stuttered.

No, this couldn't be happening, not here, not now, not ever.
I stopped looking for my keys and instead balled my hair into my hands, "Please, God." I choked.

I heard Jade breathe on the other end of the phone, "Charlie, I don't know if he's okay." That's just what I didn't want to hear.

"How do you even know about it?" I asked, running my hand over my face. "Its all over the news. It's everywhere," she paused, "call Tommy, he'll know more than I do." She assured.

We said our goodbyes and I dialed  Tommy's number, to which he picked up right away.

"Hey, Charl-" I cut him off, "Is he okay?" I almost didn't want to know the answer, scared to know what he might say.

"I don't know Charls, the paramedics won't tell me anything, besides the hospital they're taking him to."

I closed my eyes and placed my hand on my forehead, "What hospital are they taking him to Tommy?"

After he told me the name of the hospital, we hung up and I finally found my keys, darting outside to my car.

I was now sitting in my car, listening to the loud patter of rain on my window, and trying my best to stop my hands from shaking, enough to start the car. But once I did, I'm sure I left skid marks in the parking lot with how fast I flew out of there.

__

"I'm here f-for Nikki S-Sixx." I stammered, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to spill from my eyes. My hands were shaking, so I hid them beneath the  hospital front desk, away from the eye sight of the receptionist who stared blankly back at me.

She began typing something into her computer, then looked over her glasses that were hanging low on her nose, at me.

"He's in room 120." She blatantly stated, returning back to whatever she was doing before.

It took me a while to actually begin waking in the direction of his room, this all just didn't make sense to me for some reason.

My feet didn't seem to want to remove themselves from the floor to take the next step. I was too scared, literally. My heart had never stopped wanting to win the race in my chest.

My mind never stopped bouncing everywhere, it never stopped flashing brutal images of what could be lying behind room 120.

I was cold and soaking wet from the rain, and the white walls of the hospital only made the feeling worse.

What seemed like forever of waking down the hall, came to an end when I found the room.
I looked down at my feet and breathed, silently praying that he wasn't too badly mangled.

I placed my hand on the cold doorknob and turned it, the door opening with a creak.

"Ms. Brader?" A voice spoke, to which I snapped my head in the direction of it.

It was a doctor, dressed in a white cloak and light blue scrubs. He gently grabbed me by the shoulders, preventing me from walking any further in the room.

He gave me a sympathetic look and shook his head. No, don't give me that look. Don't give me a cover up of what's to come, of what's possibly lying behind you.

I didn't even give the doctor a chance to say anything more, as I shoved him out of my way and made my way further into the room.

I gasped and threw my hands up to cover my mouth. "NIKKI OH MY GOD." I screamed, running to his bedside.

He was shirtless and I could see the bruises that were littered across his body. He must be in so much pain.

"He's unresponsive right now, we think he might be in a state of a coma." The doctor placed his hand on the small of my back, I quickly jerked away.

Something inside of me clicked, maybe it was his pathetic excuse to try and calm me, but at this moment, I was everything but calm.

"What do you mean you think?! This is your fucking job, your supposed to fucking know." I bitterly spat.

"Ms. Brader, I know your still in a state of shock b-" I scoffed, "Fuck yeah I'm still in a state of shock, the person I love is laying bruised from head to toe, cut up, and in a coma, on a hospital bed in front of me." I breathed out, running my hands through my hair.

I then realized, that was the first time I actually said I loved Nikki aloud. It felt like a huge weight being lifted off of my shoulders, I've loved him for so long, but I've never realized it until now.

"What happened?" I looked back up to the doctor. He looked at me with a saddened expression.

"Mr. Sixx was doing a bit of drinking before he got behind the wheel," he paused, "he obtained some pretty bad bruises as you can see, he broke a rib, fractured his left wrist, and he has some head injuries, which results in him being in a comatic state."

I wiped away the tear that had made its way down my cheek, while pulling a chair up to the right side of Nikki and sitting.

"How long will it be? Before he wakes up?" I stared blankly at Nikki's scratched and cut up face.

"A few weeks, maybe months." He said, writing something down on his clip board.

A nurse popped her head in the door, "Doc, your needed in room 102." She sated, before being followed out by the doctor.

I finally let out a sob that I didn't  know I was holding, my hands shook as I reached for Nikki's.

I interlocked our fingers and brought his hand up to my lips, gently placing kisses to it.

"I love you Nikki, so much."

-

-

(A/N.) Hello my lovelies!! Thank you so much for hanging in there with me, I've been so busy with things that I haven't had time to upload a chapter ): but thank you for sticking around if you did. Sorry for the sudden tragedy also. Tell me what you thought!!❤❤