.10

😶⬆

😶⬆

Charlie's P.o.v

For a second, I thought I went blind.
But I realised I wasn't when a flash of lightning lit up the room for a few seconds.

"Nikki?" I called out, once the flash disappeared. The darkness was really starting to freak me out. It wasn't my favorite thing in the world.

I put my hands out in front of me to feel where I was going. "Nikki!?" I hissed. No answer.

A creepy laugh sounded from behind me, or so I thought.

I whipped around, only for another flash of lightning to lighten the small area. The flash illuminating a silhouette of what I'm guessing was Nikki, standing completely still.

The flash disappeared. Darkness filled the area again. "Nikki, I'm serious where are you?"

I felt out in front of me where the figure was standing previously, but I felt nothing.

Another flash lit the area, but no Nikki.

Small whispers could be heard in the distance. "Nikki, stop fucking playing with me. I mean it, this isn't funny." I yelled.

"Why? You afraid of the dark or somethin?" He whispered, but I didn't know where it came from.

"N-no I'm not." I gulped.

Another hearty laugh erupted in front of me.

"I'm gonna getcha!" He whispered in a creepy voice.

I screeched and turned around to run, only to trip over something and fall, catching myself with my palms, my face inches from touching the floor.

"Charlie!" Nikki yelled, after he stopped laughing. "Are- are you okay?" He breathed out.

"Where are you?" He chuckled.

If he was gonna play his game, I may as well play mine.

I slowly crawled behind what I think is the couch. This is gonna be good. He'll finally get a taste of his own medicine. For once.

He let out a laugh when he caught on to what I was doing. "You can't hide from me Charlie." He growled.

I smiled an evil smile. I'm gonna get him good.

"Unlike you, I'm not scared of the dark." He said, his voice cracking a little. Which earned a laugh from me.
Shit.

"Aha." He said.

Soon afterwards, I heard heavy footsteps approaching me.

I screeched for the thousandth time and started crawling backwards.

A flash flashed across the room, showing Nikki bent over top of me while standing. Our eyes met for the first time. My cheeks heated up.

Thank God the flash disappeared when it did, because he would have saw how red I was.

I rolled under the table that was near me, to get away from the heaving Nikki that was hot on my tail.

He huffed in defeat when I got away from him. "Oh come on." He said.

I laughed and stuck out my tongue, although he couldn't see it.

I stood up on the other side of the table, scanning the area the best I could. No sign of Nikki, guess he gave up.

I stepped around the table and slowly walked out towards the couch.

"Gotcha!" He yelled.

I felt my body being tugged to the floor, landing on a firm but soft surface.

"Dammit!" I yelled, my heart beating out of my chest.

Another flash shown in through the window, showing what was underneath me. It was Nikki, who might I add was very sweaty. It was really hot in here.

We both erupted into fits of laughter.

"Fine you got me." I said. "Now help me find some candles."

I got up from his chest, a feeling of sadness washing over me, for whatever reason.

He huffed and stood up, now towering over me.

He reached out for me to take his hand. I slowly placed my small hand in his as he led me into the darkness.

We were now in the kitchen area, where I kept the candles.

We both dug through drawers until we finally found some damn candles.

"I don't think I have any lighters." I said.

"How do you have candles but no lighters?" He quizzed.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

He fumbled around in his front pocket, soon pulling out what I think was a lighter.

Sure enough, he flicked it. The flame appearing, the glow illuminating our faces.

Our eyes met for the second time over the flame. He smirked and held the lighter to the candles.

-----------

"So, tell me about yourself." Nikki said, chewing on some gummy bears while we lay on a blanket on the floor.

I grabbed a gummy bear out of his hand and popped it in my mouth.

"Um, why should I?" I teased.

"Because." He said, his mouth full of gummy bears.

"Because what?" I asked.

"Just." He shrugged. "Because." He raised his eyebrows.

"Fine. What do you wanna know?" I said, chewing on another gummy bear.

"Where're you from?" He mumbled, trying not to choke on the huge intake of gummy bears that he stuffed in his mouth.

I laughed then answered. "Louisiana."

He sucked in a breath then started coughing wildly. Then of course, started laughing.

"What?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Nothing, it's just," He coughed, "I wouldn't have taken you as to be a country girl."

I dramatically gasped, putting my hand on my chest, I laughed when he threw his hands up in defence.

"What about you?" I asked.

"Seattle Washington." He said.

I nodded as I watched him stuff his mouth with more gummy bears.

"Your gonna make yourself sick." I chuckled.

He stared at me bewildered. His cheeks stuffed, he looked like a chipmunk. The sight only making me laugh harder.

He picked up a gummy bear, licked it, reached out, and stuck it to my cheek.
It slowly slid down my cheek and onto the blanket. He was now the one laughing hysterically.

I picked it up and threw it at him.
And that's how the gummy bear war started...

.
.
.

Hello my lovelies! Fun fact: I'm actually from Louisiana. Tell me what you thought, and have a great day!♥