teaser

teaser
c h a m p a g n e p r o b l e m s

*2020, New Years Eve*

To say that she was excited for a new year would be the understatement of the century. Especially since there were a few more billion people in the world who would wholeheartedly agree with her. But through all of the painful times the last year brought upon practically everyone from every land, Lilith had a few things she was utterly grateful for.

Her heels clicked against the polished tile, and the sound of silk on cool floor followed her. The warm yellow lights dazzled in the bubble drink held by her flute, and her green eyes flashed across the room trying to find her. Voices echoed through the room and rose to the high ceilings to mix with the music.

Imane was at her side in moments. The two chatted while they walked through people and made their appearance known. An unofficial New Year's Eve awards party pieced together by the streamers themselves was a surprise for her. Little did she know that they not only partied hard, but they actually did it in a safe way. Somehow, while majorly uncomfortable being so dressed up, Lilith was proud to be in the group of influencers she was looped into. However, she still felt even more out of place than Imane considering this time last year not one person had a thought of her.

Zero to two million followers in a year was a lot for anyone to handle.

Thanks to other co streamers, now best friends, Lilith felt at home and well taken care of. Somehow she made her way into multiple groups and her closest friends were all over social media groups. She liked being well acquainted with multiple sides of YouTube. No drama around here; for the most part.

Then as they turned the corner down one of the expansive hallways, Lilith looked up when a flash of familiar blond hair caught her eye. Underneath his hands was George pressed to the wall, but of course Lilith couldn't tell exactly who it was since they were too busy against each other for her to see their faces. A blush crept to Lilith's face and she pulled Imane and spun her around quickly. With a squeal Imane pulled them back from where they came.

"Well it looks like Clay and George met."

"It seems so," Lilith giggled.

A thrill was in her heart after she watched something so heated. They were both beautiful boys, and Lilith only imagined what it would feel like if Clay kissed her like that.

But obviously she could never tell him that.

That night made it clear to her that he was at most bisexual, but Lilith did not want to risk putting a strain on their best—friendship. It didn't mean that she couldn't think about him kissing her. It didn't mean she couldn't think of him touching her when she kissed George.

"The stream tomorrow will be so fun!" Lilith smiled as Brooke raced up to them with peppy words. Imane hugged her then Lilith took her turn.

"This will be your first time playing with Rae, Sykkuno, Toast and Corpse?"

"Yes," Lilith sheepishly replied. Her fingers grew tighter around her drunk. "I know them all actually, but I just haven't spoken to Corpse yet."

"What? You haven't met Corpse?" Brooke gasped. "How have you not? You're friends with practically all of his friends!"

"I know!" A smile permanently pulled at her lips. "We just never went into an Among Us lobby together. That's how people meet each other, right?"

"Well at least you have your chance tomorrow," Imane said happily.

"Come on! Let's go talk to them at least!" And the blonde led the two back over to the group they would stream with in just a few hours.

Midnight came and went. No one batted an eye at the suspicious kisses tossed between people. Lilith kissed the edge of her glass and champagne went down her throat as she watched the familiar blond kiss that boy again.

Maybe by next year it could be her standing here with a boy dizzying her up for the night instead of yet another glass of addiction.