one

how can we be like we were before
c h a m p a g n e p r o b l e m s
November

Who would have thought Lilith would have her idolized job by the year she was planned to graduate college? Who would have thought she would have been doing it alongside her best friends? Lilith definitely didn't. With a smile on her face and headphones over her curls, she watched the screen as discord bubbles popped up and down. She couldn't think of something better than having a well paying job of hanging out with her closest friends. Nothing would be able to top the moments while all of them were immersed into an intense game. Nothing at all.

"Well you know what, Dream? After that you deserve to die."

"Shut the fuck up Lilith. I did nothing to yo—ah no!" Lilith turned over to see neon green plummet towards the lava, but he caught himself.

"How did you even do that?"

"How did I save myself?" Dream taunted George. "'Cause I'm a genius. Obviously."

"How did you mess up a—"

"You know," Dream interrupted Sapnap and Lilith laughed. "You know earlier I fell and I didn't even have a water bucket and I had like two seconds to react and I placed my bed and lived off one heart. So epic."

"You know what's crazy—"

"It was one of my better clutches honestly," Dream cut off George.

"You know what's crazy about that?"

Silence filled the chat.

"What?"

"Nobody asked." A wide smile pulled at Lilith's lips as she heard the loudest silence she had ever experienced. When she turned to look up to where Dream was, she watched as he dove off the cliff he stood on and flew into the lava.

"Oh my god—" Lilith bursted out in laughter. "Dream what the hell!"

"*gasp* Ahhh—Dream!" George cried. "Oh my god!"

"Why are you such a jerk, George?"

"Yeah, George?" Lilith repeated Sapnap.

"Like what was your reason? You thought it would be funny?"

"It was funny!"

"But you didn't consider Dream's feelings."

"No no no, he's pretending."

"All around me are familiar faces!" Sang Dream in the far distance of his room. Lilith burst out laughing and Sapnap sighed in disapproval.

"I—I don't think he is," Lilith told him.

"I need a hug, Sapnap," Dream cried.

"I might have to," Sapnap sighed. Lilith rolled her eyes and laughed and she continued her work. "See this is what George always does to him. He tears us all apart."

"Get back to work!" Lilith screamed at them.

"Jesus," Dream laughed and they continued on.