six

when was the last time you saw me
c h a m p a g n e p r o b l e m s

"How was the call last night?"

"Lilith, I swear to fucking god—"

"I'm not teasing you, I really want to know."

"It was fine. Normal. Great."

"Wow convincing."

"What do you want to hear?"

"Oh stop it Clay. Maybe I was just interested in my best friend's relationship?"

"Sorry," he sighed. Lilith's smirk faded as she listened to the silence on the other side of the screen. "I just... It's so hard for me to talk to him."

"How is it so hard?"

"When we're alone, we talk like we love each other, and when we saw each other for the first time, we literally made out all night. But when we're live, it's completely different. We always talk about how it's weird if we were to actually be together and do all that in real life, and that we're both straight. I can tell you now that we both aren't straight. Well, at least I'm not and George says he is but the party gives me mixed signals."

"Well clearly. Maybe you just need to communicate with him."

"I... know. It's hard."

"Yeah," she sighed. Again, the two were quiet. She nipped at the inside of her cheek as she thought about the abnormally crazy events that had taken place the last week. "I want to see you!"

"It's only been like ten days..." Dream laughed.

"So? I'm bored. And it's been a month or two since we just did something by ourselves and not for work."

"I guess so. I'm not streaming for the next couple days."

"Oh good, and I don't feel like doing it at all. You should come over."

"Bitch... I'm not driving—"

"Yes!"

"Whatever. If I come over today, can we bother Tina on her stream?"

"Um... I suppose so. Why would you want to do that?"

"Oh no reason," he replied way too quickly. Lilith's eyebrows shot up in suspicion.

"No theres—"

"Just faceless Leo shit."

"Oh my god, I'm included on that!" she laughed.

"Whatever."

Embarrassment filled her cheeks with a pink tint when she heard Clay reference Corpse. It didn't even occur to her that it sounded a little weird that both of them had been bothering Tina, but since Corpse had been visiting her and Karl a lot recently, maybe there was an inside joke or something going on.

"Just come!"

"Fine! Damn, I'll log off now." Lilith smiled when Dream disconnected from the call.