forty

what's next

c h a m p a g n e p r o b l e m s

With stinging eyes, Lilith shuffled haphazardly through her dresser and tried to find something, anything at this point, that matched. Shame coiled in her stomach; in her defense, she had been out of town back to back to back for months, and she got into the habit of buying new clothes instead of doing laundry. So, being a good house-Lilith, she grabbed her laundry and dumped some of it into the washer. Not even half of it was a full load and that was when she realized that it should be a good day of chores.

Taking time from the internet and working and friends sounded refreshing to her. After the seven hour long work, more fucking around on multiple games with Corpse, Lilith gave her eyes a break. It was late enough for her to start her day, but Corpse still slept so she kept quiet. She couldn't remember a time she woke up before him.

Her blue light burned eyes adjusted to the light as she slid on the new clothes and left the rest of her laundry on the floor in the washer room. Music sounded like a nice idea; without it, cleaning was no option. As she listened, she also grabbed an energy drink from the fridge.

Overwhelmed by the amount of tasks she needed to do, she grimaced at the practically empty fridge in front of her. Unless three more energy drinks, sushi from two days ago, spoiled milk, and a spicy ketchup bottle counted as sufficient groceries, Lilith knew she had to also get more. Eating out was too easy for her but hard on her body, and she craved something that didn't disintegrate any of her remaining health.

Her thoughts ran from her as she went into autopilot mode. It had been too long since she talked to Brooke. Her stomach twisted when she realized that it had been a while since she talked to anyone who wasn't one of the boys tangled in this situation. How was Brooke? How was Tina? Her heart dropped; how much of the situation did Tina know? Did Tina think she was a bad person now? Neither Dream nor Sapnap would turn Tina against her like that, right? Dream did try to turn Sapnap against her and so far, he was succeeding.

With a shake of the head, her voice mindlessly followed the lyrics coming from the island, and her hands picked up and cleaned her apartment. For the first time, her mind was stimulated in a healthy way and calming focus welled in her head.

Once the purple monster on the island was gone, so was her cleaning. Lilith switched her laundry. Tidied her office.

Then she was tired.

As she spun side to side in her chair, she looked at her discord at a distance so she didn't have the temptation to respond to anything. Message after message, it seemed like it was a busy day for a lot of people. It was Sunday after all. Thankfully, she had a few messages from Brooke and Rae so she made a mental note to respond to them later. And when she noticed a few invites, she zipped out of her chair and out of the office.

The shower sounded nice.

Especially after cleaning, her hair caked to her neck and her face flushed pink.

As she started the water, she prepared her clothes and towel. Honestly, she took the clothes off her body and laid them over the counter to throw on after she got out. The hot water strung out her sticky hair and she stood absolutely still for all too long. When she opened her eyes, she wondered how much time passed. Did she fall asleep? Did she really clean her entire apartment? Did Corpse actually still sleep in her bed?

How did she know this wasn't all a dream she couldn't wake up from? Maybe she did wake up, and it only took a shower to do so.

Then the bathroom door opened.